[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellas, hope theres a /g/entleman who can help me with this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20161019_143913.jpg (7MB, 3469x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_143913.jpg
7MB, 3469x2660px
Hey fellas, hope theres a /g/entleman who can help me with this. I bought my friend's computer so I can make use of his more powerful processor, 1tb hard drive, and 8 gigs of ram, and other stuff like bluetooth and nfc that it came with. Issue is that I need to hook up my gtx 960 using the 650w power supply I had in my old pc, but the with it, the new pc doesnt power on even with everything connected. I had bought an adapter, as the main power input on the motherboard is 8-pin and the main power cable on my psu is 24 pin, yet it still doesnt come on. On the computer's old psu are 2 sets of cables, one for main power and the other for the dinky little gpu the pc came with, and then theres another 4-pin to 4-pin cable that would run from a connector right next to that of the main power, to the power input for the cpu. I've replicated the configuration pretty much exactly with my own psu, but still no dice. I even tried connecting the psu directly to the cpu, but still nothing comes on.

Pic related, the setup with labeling. The "jumper" is the connector that leads to the cpu when using the 4-pin to 4-pin cable. Mind the handwriting and possibly flipped image.
>>
Can you post the mobo model?
>>
>>207552
It's in the photo already, friend.

>>207536
Asus M70-AD is not an ATX PC, so you shouldn't expect components designed for ATX PCs to fit in it.

The motherboard has none of the standard connectors that ATX has, so there's no chance whatsoever that off-the-shelf adapters will work. You're lucky nothing went on fire.

If you want to use an ATX PSU, you'll have to somehow find out the pinouts of the (myriad!) connectors on that motherboard, and make a wiring harness yourself. The simplest and quickest way would be to dismantle the PSU, identify the rails, and trace each wire back.

Actually, the quickest and simplest way would be to throw it in the bin, because you're already talking about replacing a motherboard and PSU.
>>
>>207536
For MAIN:
Try this pin config on your thermaltake:
With the side with the plastic clip as the top, from left to right:Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow
2nd row Black Black Black Black
Reference image:http://icdn5.digitaltrends.com/image/asus-m70ad-us003s-review-desktop-inside-case-macro-1500x1000.jpg?ver=1

For GPU:
Black Green
Purple White
>>
Fucking hell, and I thought my shit wasn't expandable. I guess I'll just have to resell everything and try to get new shit. Since this i5 cant go into my amd mobo, should I go for an amd processor or a new motherboard and try moving the i5 over?

>>207559
That config is exactly whats on the old psu, but that dick-sucking thing only has a 200 watt output. Certainly not enough for my gpu to run off of. Plus, it doesnt even have a 6 pin pcie cable.
>>
>>207561
Forgot to quote >>207556
>>
>>207561
whats your current CPU?
>>
>>207568
It's an A8-3800 2.4 ghz quad core.
>>
>>207561
>Plus, it doesnt even have a 6 pin pcie cable.
It comes out the motherboard again. See >>207559.

Presumably the more highly-specced Asuses use the same motherboard, and a better PSU.

>>207561
You can get a Haswell motherboard for less than $50. Most of AMD's range is outperformed by an i5-4xxx.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 750x1063px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 750x1063px
>>207572
>It's an A8-3800 2.4 ghz quad core.
Jesus christ that's ancient.

Go get a standard Intel motherboard; you can re-use your old PC's case, PSU, GPU, and your new PC's processor, RAM, cooler, drives.
>>
>>207588
Yeah, she bottlenecked my gpu like fuck most likely. Any specific models you have in mind that will work with an i5 4440?

>>207575
Doesn't seem like I can pull off that config still, not with the thermaltake at least. Unless youre talking about rearranging the wires individually which I can't bear to do, not after all the trouble this has caused me for the past week and a half.
>>
Bump, you guys still there?
>>
>>207594
Any H81,B85,H87,Z87,Q87,H97 and Z97 motherboard will work.A H81 motherboard should be sufficient.
>>
>>207824
Alright, thanks chief.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.