[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maths here: >rectangle >periphery of 48 meters >blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: math.png (2KB, 430x519px) Image search: [Google]
math.png
2KB, 430x519px
Maths here:

>rectangle
>periphery of 48 meters
>blue is always a square
>blue's side is always half of the smallest side of the full rectangle

FIND: the width and height of the full rectangle so that the red surface area is at its largest

Please help.
>>
Call the sides of the full rectangle x and y then the problem becomes:

max x*y - 2*(y/2)^2
s.t. 2x+2y = 48

You could either use the method of Lagrange multipliers or you could use the constraint to remove a variable and look where the derivative is 0.
>>
>>207407
It should be doable with a simple quadratic equation. I do already know the solution (it's 16 and 8, x should be 2y), I'm just not sure how to get there.
>>
>>207410
Well, If we calculate the zero-values of the red surface area (which is A = -6y2 + 48y), we get 0 and 8. This would make the other side 16.

That about right?
>>
>>207405
Easier solution: Move both of the blue squares to one side. The areas and perimeters remain the same.

Let y <= x. Then you need to max y(x - y/2) such that 2x + 2y = 48, i.e., x = 24 - y.

y(x - y/2) = y(24-3y/2) = (3/2)y(16 - y)

The zeros are at y = 0 , y = 16, the maximum is attained at y = (16-0)/2 = 8, x = 24 - 8 = 16.
The maximum area is 8(16-4) = 96.
>>
>>207441
Thanks!
>>
Hi homework request. I've been given what looks like a reimann sum and told to write the definite integral. I don't understand how to answer this question. I noticed that delta x is 3/n (from (5-2)/n) so I am left with the function times delta x. This is the part of the problem I need help with.

I think I know how to do the second part ( I am attempting it now) (I think I need to find the function without absolute values and take the different definite integrals, graph it and find the areas.)
>>
File: gojyaimasu3.jpg (31KB, 597x447px) Image search: [Google]
gojyaimasu3.jpg
31KB, 597x447px
Homework question here, I have to find 4 positive integers a, b, c, and n so that a^n + b^n = c^n for some value of n greater than 2. Need it by tomorrow. Help.
>>
>>207690
There's a really elegant solution to this problem, but it's a little bit too long to fit in the comment box.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.