[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do I need to do internet shit for this? I just want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: seagatebackupplusinbox.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
seagatebackupplusinbox.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
Why the fuck do I need to do internet shit for this? I just want to plug it in and have extra storage.

I just want a goddam separate storage with a bunch of space. Before this I bought a hard drive and being an idiot didn't think that I needed anything more but returned it once I realized I needed a SATA cable or whatever it was called plus an adapter because I have a 2011 Mac.

I was going to get a x > 32gb usb but backed out when I read the box saying something like we don't warrant that files wont be corrupted later on or something.
>>
You don't need internet to use that storage. I actually have that same one and it's just some shitty application that came in the hard drive. I just formatted it and it works fine.
Why do you need a SATA cable for it? You can just use the USB 3.0 cable that came with it, unless your Mac doesn't have a USB port. Then again, you did say you were going to get a USB flash drive so I don't know what connections you can use.
>>
>>205522
Did formatting it still leave you 4tb? Because I think I've formatted some USBs before that lost some MB or maybe I'm imagining that.
Also what format and should I press "partition" or "erase"?
>Why do you need a SATA cable for it? You can just use the USB 3.0 cable that came with it
That was just me venting out my frustration talking about a hard drive I bought that needed that cable. I do have the usb cable
>>
>>205532
>Because I think I've formatted some USBs before that lost some MB or maybe I'm imagining that.
Manage partitions.
>Also what format and should I press "partition" or "erase"?
http://www.wikihow.com/Format-an-External-Hard-Drive
>>
>>205534
I was asking which format should I pick specifically for this drive. Because if ExFat exist then why does a mac only format exist (Mac OS Extended (Journaled))? I should pick Exfat right? Even if I'm only going to use it on a mac just incase?
>>
>>205534
>>205550
Actually I just found something saying that journaled keeps a log incase of crashing. So that's a good thing. Ignore all this I decided to pick journaled.
Thank you for all this
>>
>>205550
Because ExFAT doesn't support OSX permissions without OSX spamming little hidden folders everywhere, that anyone on Windows can just edit or delete.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.