[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watched Berserk 1997 some time ago. Some parts about it I like,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: berserk1280jpg-7cebde_1280w.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
berserk1280jpg-7cebde_1280w.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
Watched Berserk 1997 some time ago. Some parts about it I like, some parts I didn't. I'm going to list them here. Based on that, what other (not necessarily fantasy, although the more similarities setting-wise, the better) anime would you recommend I should watch?

*BERSERK SPOILERS AND A WALL OF TEXT AHEAD*

Here's what I liked about Berserk 1997:

>Dark and depressing atmosphere.
>Believable characters and meaningful relations between them.
> Lots of well-written dialogues, not just for anime standards, but in general.
>Lots of powerful scenes that only added to the atmosphere. Example: Casca's origin story.
>Low levels of bullshit. Everything was grounded in reality and logic applied to it, and even if something was more on the fantasy side, it still was explainable.
> How explicit it was about everything. If they needed to show something, they showed it, without beating around the bush, no matter if it meant showing torture, brutal killings, or a woman being raped.
>Nice balance between action and story.

Here's what I disliked about it:

> It only got interesting towards the end. Most of the war period bits were just boring.
>Action scenes were boring. Every battle and fight looked exactly the same - closeup of Guts swinging his sword, and then some static images of people dying. No diversity whatsoever.
>Some of the dialogues were downright awful. Example: Nobles insulting Griffith because of his origin. Every single time they were saying the same thing.
>Absurdity, cringeworthy situations, and lazy plot excuses. Examples: Griffith's leaf blowing, the assassination, Griffith not dying from an arrow because it hit the Behelit.
>Characters suddenly stopping acting like human beings and turning into walking anime stereotypes all of a sudden. Example: Casca acting like a tsundere out of the blue.
>The ending. I don't like the "fuck you, go read the manga" kind of endings. Either everything gets covered within the series or I'm not watching.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>193890
READ THE FUCKING MANGA

I don't care if you don't like the ending, you're fucking up badly if you watch the series and don't read the manga.
>>
>>193893
I tried reading the manga. Couldn't get into it tbqh senpai. I prefer watching anime anyway.
>>
>>193896
>recommending anime to a filthy secondary

lmao
>>
>>193896
lol, didn't even know 4chan has word filter. The "senpai" wasn't even supposed to be there.
>>
>>193897
A filthy what? In non-retard lingo please.
>>
>>193900
>>193896
you don't deserve Berserk.
Stop watching anime, we won't help you
>>
>>193896
>>193898
>>193900

jesus christ, how fucking new are you?

Stop posting, lurk on /a/ for a few years and then try reading the manga again.
>>
>>193901
Alright then. I'll post somewhere else, where people aren't entitled shits. See ya.
>>
File: 1473551476524.png (636KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1473551476524.png
636KB, 680x680px
>>193904
bye reddit
>>
Considering the fact that you can't pick up on simple storytelling techniques and set ups for characters, I don't want you anywhere near the franchise. Go watch something more your speed, maybe Naruto?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.