[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for anime recommendations. All I've seen is Soul

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Simon.jpg (61KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Simon.jpg
61KB, 854x480px
Looking for anime recommendations.
All I've seen is Soul Eater, Mirai Nikki, Hellsing Ultimate, Gurren Laggan, and Evangelion.
Gundam is the only other mech anime I know of, but there seems to be quite a few variations of that, so not sure where to start there, it's got mechs so I'll probably check it out. Vampires are cool, but I have no clue if there's any anime about them; I really liked the later parts of Gurren Laggan where it all goes a bit insane (not that I didn't like the rest of it), and Alucard's ridiculous power, so that kinda stuff seems interesting to me.
>>
File: 1284751708378.jpg (3MB, 2610x3700px) Image search: [Google]
1284751708378.jpg
3MB, 2610x3700px
http://animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Anime_Recommendations
>>
A lot of people recommend Kill la Kill for Gurren Lagann fans. It's made by the same people in some of the same style. It's not mecha though. And I think most people find Gurren Lagann to be a little bit better. But you can still check it out, it's fun.

I don't really like mecha, but if you liked Evangelion, you can check out Rahxephon, often said to be poor mans Evangelion and a spiritual successor to it. Only seen half of it myself though.
You can also try Ideon, although I haven't seen any of it and have no idea if it holds up, but it was the inspiration for Evangelion.
>>
>>191018
I actually just started Kill la Kill at the recommendation of my friend, first ep was cool. I'll look the other two up.
>>
>>190985
>I really liked the later parts of Gurren Laggan where it all goes a bit insane (not that I didn't like the rest of it),
Watch the Getter Robo OVAs, and Gun/Diebuster.
>>
>>190985
I feel like you'd definitely like JoJo. It's moderately bananas like Gurren Lagann, and it's got vampires.
>>
File: Gundam Timeline.png (728KB, 1357x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Timeline.png
728KB, 1357x1090px
>>190985

A really great Vampire movie is listed on this chart >>191003

It's at the bottom, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. That chart also lists the original movie, but Bloodlust is on an entirely different level, in my opinion. It's one of my favorites. It's not as wacky as Hellsing Ultimate, but it's got the same level of amazing animation.

For some Gurren Lagann craziness, I'd say to give Code Geass and Death Note a watch. Kaiji and One Outs are a bit more subdued, but they've still got that immense feeling of things being larger than life despite being so small. I'd also recommend Akagi, which is similar to those two, but it's a bit difficult to get into because it's about mahjong.

Also, if you're wanting to get into Gundam, start with the original series or the movie trilogy compilation of it. Then from there, you can mostly watch anything. It lays the "foundation" of the series in a way. So you'll know what to expect from all subsequent Gundam series. Know that there is a gigantic, branching timeline though with a main one called the Universal Century. There's also Turn A Gundam, which sort of takes events from all sorts of timelines and puts them into one show, so it's like something to watch after having seen a bunch of the franchise.

Don't be too hesitant to start something though. I've been chipping my way through the franchise without really paying the timeline any mind. Definitely check out the Thunderbolt movie and MS 08th Team at some point.
>>
>>191029
Ooh, vampires. Nice. I got somewhat interested in JoJo after hearing stuff in who would win threads. There look to be a few versions of it, so which one do I go for
>>191021
More mechs are always cool.

Thanks
>>
>>191047
I've read Death Note, so I don't imagine there's much to gain from watching it, was pretty cool.
Definitely gonna check out Bloodlust. The original series is Mobile Suit Gundam isn't it? I did have a bit of a look on wikipedia I think and did get the same branching timeline aspect. I'll start with that and then worry about the other series I suppose. Doesn't look like I have any shortage of suggestions here, so this should be fun
>>
>>191051

Start with the 2012 JoJo anime that adapts the first two manga parts. This one: https://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken_TV

After that, there's Stardust Crusaders S1 and S2, and then the currently airing Diamond Is Unbreakable.

There were two OVAs of Stardust Crusaders way back when that you can watch, but I'd recommend watching them, if you want, after the current studio's adaption of it.

>>191056

There's always the fun of watching it in motion, but it's fine if you don't want to watch it. It is 37 episodes, after all.

And, yes, the original is just called "Mobile Suit Gundam". Adding 0079 to the end helps specify that you're talking about the first series and not the franchise though.
>>
>>191057
Yeah, motion would probably be pretty cool for Death Note, I'll probably watch it one day. Avoiding confusion is always good. And that's pretty clear on the JoJo. Thanks
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.