[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't watched any anime since like summer 2012. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1396804101834.png (162KB, 457x450px) Image search: [Google]
1396804101834.png
162KB, 457x450px
I haven't watched any anime since like summer 2012.
What major shows have I missed?
>>
>>190867
So the big ones since summer 2012 have been:

Attack on Titan
One Punch Man
Kill la Kill
Parasyte
Re:Zero
Noragami
Tokyo Ghoul
Akame ga Kill
Psycho-Pass
No Game No Life
Erased

and also Hunter x Hunter 2011 ended

Those ones are the absolute most popular ones but on top I also recommend Shirobako, Konosuba, Zankyou no Terror and Shokugeki no Soma
>>
Some of the really great ones:
-Shirobako
-Shin Sekai Yori
-Non Non Biyori
>>
Alright here's some good shit to catch you up:
(1/2)

>One Punch Man
Different kind of shonen. Parody/Action about a superhero who defeats every enemy with just one punch. Really well liked by pretty much everyone who watches it but not considered a masterpiece since it's more of a comedy than something with a great plot. You should really watch this one first as it's a new style of shonen that is what is currently in or popular.
This is by ONE, someone who started doing webcomics with the shittiest draings you've ever seen but his stuff was so good and popular that it was picked up as an actual manga series and anime.
>Hunter x Hunter
Became known as one of the best shonens, manga is ongoing but the anime series has an ending for now. Lenghty but worth it. Great characters and writting. If you watched Hunter x Hunter 1999 you definitely need to watch this version.
>Attack on Titan
Shonen action anime. Popular for normies who like shit like naruto
>Kill La Kill
Studio Trigger's new action/drama series. Good if you liked Gurren Lagann, but the popularity of KLK has died down after a couple years
>Erased
Pretty new series. It's only 13 episodes but it's easy and satisfying to watch no matter what genre you like. Not a masterpiece but it's pretty good. Slice of life/psychological/mystery.
>Mob Psycho 100
Currently airing. It's by the same guy who did One Punch Man. The author is so popular and liked by the public that he has two anime series just one year apart of eachother. I personally like it more than OPM and it's really enjoyable. Action/comedy/slice of life about a boy with psychic abilities. Pretty good.
>Osomatsu-san
Parody/meme/comedy show about sextuplet NEETs. A reboot of an old series of the 60's. Quickly became Japan's most popular series and is also popular out west. Non-linear episodes makes it easy and fun to watch. Alternative art style and just different all together. More of a Japanese "adult cartoon" than your typical anime.
>>
Kyousou Giga, Teekyuu, Girls Und Panzer, Little Witch Academia, Love Live, Inferno Cop, Uchouten Kazoku, Turning Girls, Yozakura Quartet:Hanna no Uta/Tsuki ni Naku, Samurai Flemenco, Non Non Biyori, Kaguya-hime, Gundam Build Fighters, Natsume Yuujinchou, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Piong Pong, Monthly Girls, Barakmon, Shirobako, Magic Kaito 1412, Rokka no Yuusha, Pleiades, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Fafner Exodus, One Punch man, Lupin the Third, Haikyuu, Concrete Revolutio, Rakugo, She and her cat, Tanaka-kun, Gundam Thunderbolt.
>>
>>191037
(2/2)
>himouto! umaru-chan
Meme anime. Cute cute cute. Slice of life about perfect spoiled schoolgirl who is a secret otaku weeb who only cares about snacks, videogames and anime. 4chan's new meme queen.
>Re:Zero
Drama/Fantasy/mystery/thriller. It quickly became popular and is actually pretty decent. Currently on-going.
>Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars)
So, there's shounens about cardgame fights, pokemon matches, about sport matches, etc... this one is about cooking challenges. Except it's a comedy and not intended for kids. For someone who has no interest in that kind of genre, I really enjoy this series. You know how anime food looks amazing? This is the fucking nicest looking anime food show. It doesn't take itself too seriously and in every episode there's semi ecchi scenes where everyone who eats great food gets a foodgasm. It's really funny and the plot actually gets good. The first episode is not as good as the actual show. S2 currently airing.
>Boku no Hero Academia
New shonen about superheros. It's decent but again, just a shonen.
>Monogatari series
Alright this shit is hard to explain. It goes by different names as it's different series that are all related and part of the same bigger plot. Fantasy/Mystery done in a different artsy way. You either love it and think it's a masterpiece or think it's pretentious bullshit that is annoying. There's usually not an in-between.
>Hibike! Euphonium
Slice of Life/Drama about school girls in a music club. This kind of series is what is the current drama/slice of life trend. The art style is easily recognizable for this type of series. Supposed to be decent
>Little Witch Academia
A movie + its sequel and not a series. Pretty much magical girl harry potter except it was considered the best anime film of the past few last years. The studio trigger animation and art is excellent and it's enjoyable no matter what genre you like
>Tokyo Ghoul
Action/Drama/Horror(?) Really popular series for those who liked Death Note
>>
>>191037
>>191065
(3/3)
>Space Dandy
Alright shit I should have put this in the first post. It's by the same people behind Cowboy Bebop and it's very similar. Except it follows the modern trends of not taking anime too seriously or having a serious plot. Good comedy about a space bounty hunter who captures aliens. It's well done and considered one of those shows everyone likes.
>Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary)
Slice of Life/fantasy. It was pretty popular when it came out and it's supposed to be decent. Again follows the same style for the new kind of popular slice of life series by kyoto animation.
>WataMote
Full name is long as fuck. Comedy slice of life about neet schoolgirl. Also a 4chan meme girl.
>Your Lie in April / Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Sad drama/slice of life/romance about school music prodigies.
>Mushishi (2nd season)
Remember mushishi? Known as one of the best series that is comfy and beautiful. A second season finally came out in 2014 and it's actually rated much higher than the first. One of the best.
>Kimi no Na wa
Newest, highest rated anime movie. Drama/Romance. Well liked by pretty much everyone.
>>
>>191082
>mushishi
>second season rated much higher than the first

how is that even possible
first season was jaw-droppingly amazing
>>
>>191115
Mushishi is amazing, definitely one of the best series ever. Mushishi Zoku Shou (the second season) came out almost 10 year laters.. so just image 10 years of improving the ways to animate it. The plot and feel of the series is identical, super comfy and well done. Zoku Shou and zoku shou second season are so incredibly detailed and well animated.. it's seriously as if every episode was a ghibli film level detail. The pacing is also incredibly well done. Just check it out yourself.
>>
File: wecqt6uly004pwzwdovu.png (492KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
wecqt6uly004pwzwdovu.png
492KB, 636x357px
>>191150
pic related
>>
>>191150
>>191151
I will, that for sure. I was so impressed with the first season I decided to leave some time before watching the second season.
>>
>>191037
>Different kind of shonen
OPM is seinen.
>>
>>191522
It's published in shounen jump so it's shounen.
>>
>>191546
>It's published in shounen jump
It's published in Young Jump Web Comics, a seinen imprint of Jump. It's seinen.
>>
File: opm demographic.jpg (44KB, 276x414px) Image search: [Google]
opm demographic.jpg
44KB, 276x414px
>>191546
Not him but you're both technically right. OPM is officially seinen because of where it's published in Japan, but the English version is distributed in WSJ. Probably because Shueisha doesn't distribute Young Jump in English.
>>
>>191082
>Kimi no Na wa
I can only find this on 480 format. When is the BD out?
>>
>>191613
Six months from now.
>>
>>191615
You know any similar movie? Already seen 50cm per second.
>>
>>191617
https://myanimelist.net/people/1117/Shinkai_Makoto
>>
>>191620
cheers but are they all similar though? I just want some heartfelt teenage romance.
>>
>>190867
Attack on titan
Sword art online
>>
>>191622

Worry not, Shinkai only knows how to write one kind of movie. Look elsewhere if you want a happy ending though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.