[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody convince me on MPC. I've been using VLC for a long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1470964495771.jpg (2MB, 2280x2850px) Image search: [Google]
1470964495771.jpg
2MB, 2280x2850px
Somebody convince me on MPC. I've been using VLC for a long time, and /a/ has always sperged out about it but I never paid any attention. I downloaded MPC and didn't really see much of a difference. Is it just small technical stuff or what?
>>
>>189776
It's not about media players, OP, it never was.
How could you live a life of a weeb with not knowing what's most important for viewing your favorite chinese cartoons.
What you should have realized is that it's not the medium, container, or the power of your integrated graphic card that's the most crucial to your enjoyable viewing but thehnnnnnnnnnnnng.....
>>
File: the wonders of vlc.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the wonders of vlc.png
1MB, 1280x720px
MPC is easier to use and lighter weight, and you don't get those broken frame transitions like in VLC
>>
>>189822
While I'm here, does anyone know how to turn off the player pausing when i click the screen?
>>
>>189776
>>189822

this guy here >>189817 I'm back from the hospital so what I wanted to tell is that codecs do all the magic, not media players
so if you just download lmao30MB VLC or any other media player without any codecs to support the audio/video of course it's gonna be all jagged and stuttery
>>189841
You can change the button layout by downloading a different player
or try asking Google that helps too
>>
>>189776
VLC is still producing these infinite-loop errors when something goes horribly wrong, and when it does, the only way to shut it down is to kill the process in the taskmanager. These can occur if you open invalid files (for example, you're fiddling with video encoding or streaming).

These are quite uncommon if you're a casual, and it can basically open everything. It has also a shit ton of features you'll never use normally.

I really liked MPC, but I switched to VLC for the extra stuff... my friend recommends it tough, I'll give it a try too.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.