[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I change sound files of original game? (Stanley Parable)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: screen5.png (421KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
screen5.png
421KB, 1067x600px
How can I change sound files of original game? (Stanley Parable) Simply replacing originals does not work with any Source engine based game, so you have to make new folder and change script so destination folder is new one, but I can't find that script file anywhere. I want to change narrator soundfiles, so how the fuck do I do it? GCFscape does not work either
>>
>>189394
>simply replacing...
How do you think l4d mods work? I made a few and you recreate the directory to the sound file and have the new sound in there. We're not talking about mods though. Make sure the name is EXACTLY the same as well as the type of audio file as the clip you're replacing. Also make sure the clip isn't longer than the one you're replacing.
>>
>>189401
That's what I'm saying. I know that I have to make new directory, but I need to attach that new directory to game with script file, which I can't find. I'll try making soundfile exactly 705kbs and 5 seconds and see what happens. last time I did it, recording was 5 seconds, but not same bitrate
>>
>>189405
Does Stanley parable have a mod SDK? I'll get back to this in the morning if it's unanswered and I don't forget
>>
>>189406
Not sure, but as I know, it does not have one.
I did change CS:GO sound files, which worked just perfectly ( I have silly video of it), but CS has one main scriptfile for all sounds basically so it was much easier to do it.
Thing I want help with is finding that damn scriptfile
>>
>>189406
>>189410
nvm, I did it, just had to split sound file into mono so it would become 705kbps after saving. Anyways, thanks for reply
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.