[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /wsr/, I have a desktop with an Intel i5-6600k 3.5gHz,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1453403116561.jpg (16KB, 281x349px) Image search: [Google]
1453403116561.jpg
16KB, 281x349px
Hey /wsr/,

I have a desktop with an Intel i5-6600k 3.5gHz, a gtx980 with 16GBRAM. I bought the computer back in January and it preformed perfectly, no issues whatsoever. Around April, it started to crash while playing various games (CSGO and WoW mostly). The games will be good for a couple of hours, then I hear a pop from my speakers, the game freezes and there is no way of getting out of it besides manually shutting it down and restarting. After restarts the freezing sometimes happens again but sooner or doesn't happen at all. I've tried updating all my drivers, reseating all of my hardware, cleaning the dust out of the case, everything. I've done stress tests and they've all turned out fine and I looked on google for any answers and so far no one has been able to help me.

Is there anyone here that has had a similar problem or that can help me work this out? It's extraordinarily frustrating.

Thanks
>>
When you say "freeze", do you mean just the game, or your entire system? If everything just stops at this one screen and never moves again until you reboot, then it is probably RAM or IMC
Did you run mentest already?

This usually happens when a small portion of your RAM is bad, but not bad enough to bluescreen immediately, so you only get fucked once you use that specific portion of it.
>>
>>188521
My entire system. I'm running a memtest now but I ran one 2 months ago and it came up fine
>>
>>188529
I assume you checked all your BIOS settings, and disabled XMP to get to safe JEDEC profiles?
There's really not much else than memory that could cause this sort of problem. If you are proficient with overclocking, you can play with VCCSA, VCCIO, VDIM.
If you're not, you can borrow a different kit of RAM and test if the problem persists. If you're an antisocial shit or don't have techy friends, you can try removing as many sticks of RAM as possible and see if playing with each one of them makes a difference.

You can also message your RAM manufacturer, ask for a RMA. But, and this is important, insist you get sent replacement before sending in your parts! Else you can wait for weeks or months without your RAM.
>>
>>188543
So I checked all my BIOS settings, XMP was already off. Memtest came back perfect. I ran the nvidia driver uninstaller tool and ran a clean install on my drivers. I've noticed that my video card does get very hot, around ~72-75C, but it shouldn't cause my computer to hang.
>>
>>188972
75°C is not very hot. Throttling starts around 95°C, emergency shutdown post 105°C. I still think it's a memory problem, and at this point your best bet is just switching out components.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.