[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any film noir anime out there? Something along the lines of Big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: The-animatrix-a-detective-story.jpg (339KB, 1440x576px) Image search: [Google]
The-animatrix-a-detective-story.jpg
339KB, 1440x576px
Any film noir anime out there? Something along the lines of Big O, Detective Story, or Metropolis?

Been in the mood for it.
>>
>>187266
bump
>>
bump again
>>
Try Monster.
>>
>>187266

Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine could fit your description.

The two subsequent, Jigen's Gravestone and the 2015 Lupin series don't use the same style, but definitely check them out if you like the Fujiko anime. Also, just check out everything Lupin, it's a very fun show to watch, especially with friends and even more especially when you watch the older episodes, since some of the plots or tricks up Lupin's sleeve or even what villains do are absolutely ridiculous and hilarious.

None of Lupin is really film noir except for Fujiko, but it's a good franchise that I highly suggest getting into, so if you like the characters, give the rest of it a shot.
>>
>>187266
>>187356
>>187691
>>187682
steamboy
ginga tetsudou 999
angel's egg
gunnm
appleseed
casshern

classics

akira
cowboy bebop the movie
ghost in the shell
>>
>>187769
I absolutely love Lupin, and yeah, you're absolutely right. Fujiko was absolutely that style.

>>187778
Hasn't seen a couple of those. Thanks, I'll check 'em out.
But isn't Casshern a Gatchaman type thing?
>>
>>187924
U fuckin wot mate

Casshern belongs to the genre of SUFFERING which is far from Gatchaman.
>>
File: Casshan.jpg (19KB, 230x287px) Image search: [Google]
Casshan.jpg
19KB, 230x287px
>>187929
I mean it's just hard to tell at first glance.
>>
>>187936
Believe me when I say it's heavy stuff that has nothing to do with happy shows like Gatchaman.
>>
>>187937
So it's basically Miracleman. Sounds like it could be cool.
>>
>>187936
Look how Casshern sins turned out. It's literally 20 episodes of a guy wishing he was dead, and another 4 episodes where stuff happens.
>>
>>187940
Just looking at the screenshots makes me feel depressed, there is not a single drop of happiness, everything looks existential crisisy.

http://www.anisearch.com/anime/4951,casshern-sins#screenshots

compare that to gatchaman crowds...

http://www.anisearch.com/anime/8576,gatchaman-crowds

I actually think Gatchaman is okay, but comparing them seems really fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>187945
>>187940
Casshern Sins technically fits into noir, due to the whole doomed hero/depressing tone, but I was actually thinking something more along the lines of a cynical detective story.

Sins doesn't interest me. Looks more like a lot of pubescent angst than the drunken 30 something who's long since outgrown it.
>>
>>188141
Casshern Sins fits but you'd hate the first five or so episodes.
I'm not sure if it actually fits because I haven't seen it yet, but you might like The Daughter of 20 Faces,
>>
>>188147
Doesn't look bad anon. I'll definitely give that a shot. I'll also give Sins a look if just the first few episodes are what would bother me.
>>
Gangsta is pretty good and should be close to what you're looking for. It has a rushed ending but it's definitely worth the watch
>>
>>188141
>detective
have you seen monster, paranoia agent, paprika, tokyo godfathers, perfect blue, millenium actress and kuchuu buranko?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.