[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

good animes please? haven't watched anything since 2011

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Mukuro flowers peace offering.jpg (546KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mukuro flowers peace offering.jpg
546KB, 1280x960px
good animes please? haven't watched anything since 2011 and came back to watch Yu Yu Hukashu and liked it a lot. I don't visit 4chan often, this is my 2nd post in 6 years.
>>
What types of shows do you like? Just saying "good anime pls" is bound to get you shows you won't like.
>>
Since you're an entry-level shounenfag you should watch the basics. Don't get memed by /a/, they're good entry level stuff, but /a/ hates everything popular. I'm just going to assume you haven't seen anything at all since YYH was new to you.
>Gurren Lagann
>Kill la Kill
>One Punch Man
>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (jury's out on whether this or the original series is better, but most seem to think Brotherhood)
>Samurai Champloo
>Cowboy Bebop

MOST of these are a very manageable ~26 episodes long, although FMA: Brotherhood is 64, so maybe figure out if you're going to enjoy that one early and drop it if it's not your thing.
>>
>>185522

Well, if nothing else, you would probably enjoy Hunter x Hunter (2011). The story is written by the mangaka of Yu Yu Hakusho, so it'll be similar in style and such and you will most likely also like it.

Besides that though, I'll just list these and maybe you'll like them:

Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex S1 + S2 + Solid State Society
Hibike Euphonium
The Cat Returns
Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion
Perfect Blue
Ping Pong
Steins;Gate
The Tatami Galaxy

Also, everything recommended by >>185577 are all fantastic action anime that are quite entertaining. So, definitely give those a try if that's what you were looking for.
>>
If you like Yu Yu Hakushu, you should watch Hunter X Hunter (2011 version). It's written by the same guy, but has more thought put into it. As in, the actions characters take seem way more realistic and they feel organic. Absolutely loved that one.

If you like the old style, try Trigun.
Hajime no Ippo should suit your taste.
>>
>>185582
Damn I should refresh more often.
Only great recommendations so far, you can't go wrong with anything in this thread so just take a pick and have fun.
>>
File: 75579-8.jpg (174KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
75579-8.jpg
174KB, 440x640px
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit is the best anime you can find on Netflix. If you like that, you'll also love everything Production IG makes, but Moribito is a good entry point.

I would say Knights of Sidonia is the second best anime on Netflix, but you have to go into already liking anime, since the story assumes you're used to these tropes and just speeds through the character development of everyone so it can tell the most in the shortest amount of time. I'm still watching it, so the juries out on if season 2 holds up to 1.

If you're rich though and can afford to BUY anime, then FMA 2003 is a timeless classic that everyone should be obligated to watch as a high school course. Don't fall for the Brotherhood propaganda. SPOILERS: THE FINAL BOSS IS A SUPER SAIYAN WHO MAKES RASENGANS LIKE NARUTO.

Trust me anon *puts arm on shoulder.* Coming from someone whose favorite Shonen is YuYu Hakusho, avoid Brotherhood at all costs. Also, both FMA movies are terrible so avoid those too. That's all I got for you.
>>
>>185588
>Trust me anon *puts arm on shoulder.*
You have to be eighteen or older to post on this site.
>>
File: 1461427562958.jpg (47KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461427562958.jpg
47KB, 250x300px
>>185588
>>
>>185588
I know this is known as a site for social outcasts but how cringy can you get... fuck off to /b/ or /fit/ mate.
>>
>>185598
Anon I'm really curious what boards you go to that tolerate that shit and don't call you out constantly for being a faggot.
>>
>>185588
>streaming anime
>Netflix
>Knights of Sidonia
>buying anime
>recommending FMA 2003 over Brotherhood
>*actions*
OP whatever you do, don't listen to a single thing in this post.
>>
>>185588
I had a great laugh at this piece of satire, one of my sincerest keks this year.

I think it's because it was just so out of place and unexpected. Everyone was making serious suggestions and then this post shows up.

10/10
>>
>>185588

I agree with Seirei no Moribito being a good anime.Not sure about the rest - I have not watched KoS, and while FMA 2003 was good, I think Brotherhood was better.
>>
>>185606
Well I think he should listen to me and not listen to you!

>>185669
So far season 2 is holding up to S1. I thought it jumped the shark at the end of episode 1 but they had a flashback explaining everything. Consistent lore, and very futuristic. A definite must watch if you like any non-Gundam mecha or alien mecha shows like Eureka Seven. Combines the best of both worlds, and the things they fight are pretty scary.

I can't help you if you liked Brotherhood though. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I know the original anime was tainted by its movie if you consider that "the ending," but if that was obligatory I would still count it better. Brotherhood couldn't decide what do to do with anything.

Homunculus? Let's throw in a Sith-style succession theme, and chimeras too, and MORE LIVING ARMORS!, and a zombie husk for Barry, and clone robots, and immortal scientists, and a genie in a bottle who thinks he's god; let's make him also a clone of Hoenhiem, and that means he must also be a clone of Ed! The 2003 used some of these sparingly to say the most.

This isn't even going into how stupid and self-contradictory it is that Al can perform Alchemy starting from volume 7, when he doesn't even have a real body. I also hate how it doesn't really recognize Leore or Rose again while the original does. It makes it feel inferior, and not canon, as if Himekawa got butthurt that the anime directors thought of it before her. I love the manga up until Wrath and Greed fight. Then it's all downhill. In the next volume, the Homunculus set up this elaborate plan to oust the good guys by using Barry, while Mustang is seeing red, and yet they don't even manage to kill a single character.

Awful set-up, worse execution. I honestly don't see what anyone sees in it besides the production value of the fight scenes (and even those I think are usually better in 2003, Brotherhood is way too flashy, like the fight with Envy inside Gluttony).
>>
HxH (2011). Written by the same guy that did Yu Yu Hakusho. Seems like gay kiddie shit at first but gets dark later on.
>>
>>185606
Streaming anime is fine, but not on Netflix.
>>
>>185768
WE R LEGUNXD!
>>
>>185768
No, no it is not okay.
>>
>>185768
>Eating garbage is fine, just not from this particular dumpster.
Fucking no.
>>
>>185606
The original fma was better. It cut all the stupid filler junk and rewrote characters better.
>>
>>185738
I didn't like Knights if Sidonia but that write up on fma is fucking perfect. The whole China shit was dumb and keeping the butcher around as a supporting character was also stupid.
>>
>>185768
It would be fine if their subtitles weren't so poorly timed.
>>
File: [Losing way intensifies].gif (176KB, 425x240px) Image search: [Google]
[Losing way intensifies].gif
176KB, 425x240px
>>185588
Holy shit.
>>
>>185887
Is the original FMA anime the original? Because Brotherhood is based on the Original FMA which actually is a manga...
Anyway I was younger when the first FMA aired and it helps because I can't really enjoy Shounen style anymore
>>
You can check out charts here and find the ones you like:
https://neregate.com/blog/anime-charts/
Just saying you want to see good anime makes it kinda hard to suggest something, you need to say a genre or something.
>>
>>185887
>It cut all the stupid filler junk
If by that you mean added filler then yes. Brotherhood is extremely faithful to the manga, aside from its first episode. It actually cuts a pretty substantial amount of material for the sake of pacing, but aside from the first episode contains no filler scenes. Meanwhile the 2003 anime jumped the gun on the series and didn't have enough material, something they realized even early into the production which is why even when they still had plenty of manga to work with they started slipping in filler episodes.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.