[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi I hope I finally got to the right f***ing side... As the pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: System32 error.png (12KB, 611x175px) Image search: [Google]
System32 error.png
12KB, 611x175px
Hi I hope I finally got to the right f***ing side...
As the pic shows, that is the problem I'am currently having on one of my laptops. And I currently are in no possession of a Windows CD.
Is there a way to install windows anyway while the whole damn System 32 file is fucked up and no CD is avalible?
>>
Only if your HDD/SSD has a recovery partition. Otherwise you're going to need a download and USB or a this CDs.
>>
do you have another pc? you can burn windows to a new cd
>>
>>18318
Let's say I got a USB drive that is capable of 32gb. How would I go from there on?
(Sorry if I come of a bit stupid!)
>>
>>18320
I do have Another PC, but it's a shit laptop that does not have a CD tray "/
>>
>>18315
system32/config/system is your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive.

That computer is boned.

Go buy it a new drive, install clean on that, and then recover what you can from the old one.
>>
>>18323
Go get the appropriate Windows ISO, install easy2boot* on your usb stick, then copy the ISO into the appropriate directory.

Don't overwrite your Windows directory, rename it or use another disk or something, because you'll need the OEM certificates to activate it.

* http://m.easy2boot.com/
>>
If I manage to get a CD, will the CD be able to totally, re- install the whole OS on the PC (Even tho it has the Windows\32 error. on it?
(I once hit the PC that's why it made a damn error...)
>>
>>18441
No.

The registry doesn't just erase itself. It's a journaled database on top of a journaled filesystem. Because losing the registry is absolutely awful, it's protected at every stage from the software corrupting it. The only way it can get corrupted is if sectors written to the drive change over time.

Your. Hard. Disk. Is. Fucked.

You're just wasting your own time trying to install an OS on it: it'll eat your data as it's being installed, and you'll end up with an OS like the lab in Alien Resurrection.
>>
>>18444
this

buy new drive, install windows, get whatever you can from that drive and make an image AFTER just to be sure, wipe it with appropriate software multiple times and throw it away. don't boot the machine anymore. do not. you don't want to write to it anymore because you risk fucking it further
>>
>>18407
I used Rufus to put it onto a USB flash drive.

Just an alternate idea.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.