[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some recommendations for anime movies as good as this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2616x2626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2616x2626px
What are some recommendations for anime movies as good as this. Doesn't necessarily have to do with Mechs.
>>
As good as?

Not necessarily good in the same aspects, but;

Jin Roh
Most of Satoshi Kon's work
Studio Ghibli films
Summer Wars
5cm Per Centimetre
Stranger of the Sword
Garden of Words
Wolf Children
Redline

imo you're still gonna struggle to find something as good as NGE and EoE. It's a lot of people's favourite anime for a reason.
>>
>>183082
Just watched a movie the other night called Mind Game. It's not similar at all but it's pretty amazing. Try it, you might like it.

I can vouch for most of the movies in the above post as well. Sword of the Stranger is particularly notable for the fact that it has one of the best animated fight scenes in anime history.
>>
Just Movies?

Patlabor 1 & 2
Wings of honneamise
Metropolis
Ghost in the shell
Akira
perfect blue
millenium actress
Angel's Egg

an if you want to watch something older that inspired EOE watch the Ideon movies
>>
File: 1465445330923.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1465445330923.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>183087
>Jin Roh
Just look up the 3 fight scenes and be done with it
>>
>>183294
The other part of the film is still a pretty good military intrigue piece with a nice romance subplot.
>>
FLCL is like a comedy version of eva.
You can really tell its made by the same people.
>>
>>183666
>FLCL is like a comedy version of eva.

Nah, that would be Brain Powerd. But given that its comedy is completely unintentional, it's definitely not something I'd recommend to OP.
>>
>>183082
>movies
Nigga did you not watch the show?

Anyway, Akira and the original Ghost in the Shell movie are perfect for you. Both deal with similar themes and settings as Eva

Personally, Id say just watch GitS. The movies and show are fantastic.
>>
File: Perfect_Blue.jpg (53KB, 380x534px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect_Blue.jpg
53KB, 380x534px
>>183082
nothing will top The End of Evangelion for me, but Satoshi Kon's movies are a close second
Perfect Blue is a good movie to start off with
>>
The GuP movie.
Macross do you remember love.
Vampire Hunter D
>>
>>184320
>gup
Retard teir
>>
>>184345
Have you seen the movie, it was like an hour of tank combat.
>>
>>184320
Is there any reason to watch the movie if you trudged through the anime? most of it made me fucking furious with all the cuck shit that stole the spotlight from my space action
>>
>>184484
Yes. The anime and the movie are two completely different things.
>>
>>184487
>>184484
Also the only reason you should watch the movie is if you saw the series. I wouldn't recommend it as a stand alone.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.