[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have recommendations for healing anime/anime with just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1459173352989.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459173352989.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Anyone have recommendations for healing anime/anime with just a general relaxed, cheerful atmosphere? I've been going through a nasty bout of depression lately and just kind of feeling numb, so I need something to help me out.
Shorter ones are preferred.
>>
Mushishi is pretty good for relaxing. Not always positive though, but ending well most of the time.

Usagi Drop also fits your criteria

When depression was hitting me pretty hard, Tokyo Godfathers helped me quite a bit. Sad story at times but the absurdity of the whole situation made me think more positively about things.
>>
>>182564
I've heard of Mushishi, and all I know about Usagi Drop is that everyone hates the ending.

Isn't Tokyo Godfathers the movie about the young girl and the transgender lady taking care of a baby they found on Christmas Eve?
>>
>>182567
>all I know about Usagi Drop is that everyone hates the ending.
Basically it's about a guy adopting a young girl who is a illegitimate child of his grandfathers, and struggling to cope with being a parent. The ending everyone complains about is only really relevant if you read the manga, the anime series ends well, no worries.

As far as Tokyo Godfathers goes, that's the movie I'm talking about, but it hit home for me. Might be different for you, but I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>182569
Thanks for the recs, I'll have to keep them in mind.
I've heard Aria is really good. Thoughts on it?
>>
>>1268076
Not really to my taste but if you don't mind slow slice of life anime then it's it's probably a good fit for what you're looking for.
>>
>>182572
meant for
>>182571
ofc
>>
>>182558

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is slow and nice.
>>
>>182558

I agree with the other anon's suggestion of Tokyo Godfather. It's really heartwarming.

As for others, The Cat Returns is one of my all time favorites. Everything about the whole movie is just cheerful from beginning to end. Even the "villain" is loveable. It's just a really enjoyable experience that I hope you can love, too.

I also suggest Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, which details the life of a cute Japanese girl that has become the maid/assistant of a young French guy in Paris and it's adorable as heck.

K-On! works, too.
And Wakaba*Girl.
Gochuumon is adorable.

For others, check out: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=22685

>>182571

From my experience with the first season of Aria, it wasn't too special, but that was a few years back when I wasn't as anime as I am now and I also haven't watched the other seasons, which may be better.

Another work of the author's that's airing this season, Amanchu, has been really lovely though, so definitely check that out.

The music in all of the Arias and Amanchu are absolutely lovely though, so, if anything, definitely download all the soundtracks and OPs/EDs from the series. They'll lift up your mood.

Hope you feel better, anon.
>>
>>182579
I think I've heard of Amanchu. It's the one about scuba diving, right?
Considering that this author seems to like ocean/water aesthetics, I'll probably love both series.
>>
Non Non Biyori
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.