[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help, So just today I tried booting up my computer running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 20160829_132545.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160829_132545.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
I need help,
So just today I tried booting up my computer running on windows 10 and it started to do an Automatic Repair. After about an hour of reading online about 10 different ways to fix it, I was able to disable the automatic start up repair. It began loading again until I was met with another screen saying "PC/Device needs to be repaired. OS couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe Error code: 0xc000000f" with options "recover, try again and Startup Settings" I haven't downloaded anything recently that would have done damaged, and I haven't messed with any of my files. What do I do?
>pic related: my computer screen

>please help
>>
I have Skyrim with 70+ mods pls help friends
>>
>>181305
restore your computer
>>
>>181323
It doesn't let me, when I select System Restore it will load for a while and say "Restoring files" but when it finishes it says that no changes were made. I have also tried to fix the problem by reloading Windows 10 on to a USB and selecting it as the OS but it doesn't appear. I've also tried to just reset the computer while keeping the files but even then it said that it didn't change anything.
>>
File: 2016-08-29 22.13.45.jpg (7MB, 3300x2114px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-29 22.13.45.jpg
7MB, 3300x2114px
>>181497
>pic related is what happens after I try to restore
>>
File: 140414TerryADavis.jpg (2MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
140414TerryADavis.jpg
2MB, 4320x3240px
Looks like hard drive dying.
>>
>>181586
Wtf, I've only had the hard drive for a year
>>
>>181639
if it is a laptop it is more than possible, especially if you move your pc while powered on
>>
>>181642
No, its a desktop. I built it myself and I spent over $1000 on it. Also some information that might be helpful is that I haven't touched my desktop in a week and it was working just fine the night before it crapped out on me.
>>
>>181586
>>181642
I just talked with one of my friends, he said that the same thing happened to him when his hard drive died. I was afraid of this answer. Am I able to buy a new hard drive and then move the files from my dead hard drive to the new hard drive? Do I need to pay someone else to do it?
>>
>>181678
>Am I able to buy a new hard drive and then move the files from my dead hard drive to the new hard drive?
Well that depends. If you could get all the files off it, it wouldn't be dead, would it?

>Do I need to pay someone else to do it?
That's a question you really need to ask yourself.
But given the kind of questions you're asking, that's what I'd recommend.
>>
>>181695
So all i need to do is just get a new hard drive? And there is no way of getting my old files back?
>>
>>181695
>>181714
I looked online and I might be able to save some of my files by cleaning the bottom contacts of the hard drive.
Thanks for your help anons
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.