[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was directed here from /g/. I need help building my first gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20160806172338_1.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160806172338_1.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
I was directed here from /g/. I need help building my first gaming rig.

I've been stuck with a """gaming""" laptop for three years because I transitioned to PC gaming knowing nothing about building my own stuff.

Now my laptop has starting to give me shit by blue-screening every week or two and messing my GPU up temporarily until I shake the laptop around a bit, which seems to fix it.

I am interested in transitioning to a proper rig to be done with my old GTX 765m.
I need advice from you guys on building a good PC between 700-800 Euros budget.

Thanks in advance.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>178807
First read >>178081, 178229, and >>178403 .

That's just the people today that have tried and failed to build a PC.

I'm not saying it's hard, just saying that if you're asking questions like this, we'll see you in a week with questions like those.
>>
While putting together your own computer is not particular difficult, if you're not familiar with basic troubleshooting steps or hardware and you're not interested in learning, this could end up being a huge pain in the ass.

Troubleshooting often requires that you have extra hardware sitting around to do testing, so if you're not interested in the expense and don't have a friend who is into this kind of stuff, again, can be a pain in the ass.

I'd probably check something like reddit.com/r/buildapc for help with a system build, or though most of the sub is garbage, you can look at the r/pcmasterrace faq/suggested builds.

Generally speaking, for just gaming I'd suggest an i5 based computer with the fastest GPU you can afford.
>>
>>178836
Alright. Thanks.

Is there some place where I can pay to have a PC built for me with the parts I choose by people who know what they're doing or is that not recommended?
>>
>>178840
I'd like to qualify myself first, I know shit about shit when it comes to comparing components. Last week I built this on advice from a friend who does know a thing or two:
Raidmax Viper II case
Intel i5-4440 processor
cooler master 212 EVO CPU cooler
Asus radeon r7 370 graphics card
g.skill ripjaw 16GB ram
Gigabyte z97 motherboard
Rosewill ARC-450 power supply
asus CD drive

I happened to already have a 1TB HDD and a 128GB SSD from the ice floe that was an 8-year-old gaming laptop I gratefully stepped off of. Amazon and Newegg mostly, though cheaper can be had with some shopping. About $700 all told.

As I said, I know nothing, and I built it with the help of Youtube. It has run beautifully so far.

Another thing I know nothing about is how different shipping rates and computer parts are over there, so, not really sure if this fits your budget.

PCPartPicker.com helped a lot. Basically allows you to build the computer virtually, checks for part compatibility at every step, and searches the well-known sites for lowest list price.
>>
>>178840
>Is there some place where I can pay to have a PC built for me with the parts I choose
Probably, but I don't know where you live (and even if I did I wouldn't look it up for you if you're too lazy to do it yourself).

>is that not recommended?
I would ask them what their policy is on warrantying their work or if there's a problem with some of the hardware you're providing them to put together. If I didn't like that warranty policy or the service seems very expensive, I wouldn't do it.

There's a store local to me (Fry's Electronics) that will put together a computer for $90 if you buy all the parts from them (their prices are generally competitive). Since they are the retailer for parts, they'll do the diagnostic if the computer fails to boot and grab a working part of their own shelves if necessary. At that price, they don't really do much of a general diagnostic/"burn in" though, and free help with future failures is limited to their return policy (so 30 days at most).

Not sure what you'd see in the EU in terms of warranty. Your consumer protections are generally much better than what we get in the USA.

>>178946
I don't think your friend advised you very well.

Look at http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/CRRscf/modest-gaming-build

If you had done something like that, that's +$30 for an extra 8 GB RAM, -$30 for your cheaper case. -$100 for the drives. +$25 for the optical drive (assuming CD/DVD) and a bit more for BR.

So $700, but that's with an RX 480 instead of a shitty R7 370.

http://videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php to get an idea about relative power between GPU's.

The big problem with putting together your own computer isn't putting the parts together. Anyone who can follow the instructions to put together Ikea furniture or an "age 8+" Lego model should be capable of putting together PC components. The difficulty comes in troubleshooting defective parts. While that's not difficult either, it requires a spare parts inventory.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.