[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to do that? Getting back at school in 10 days.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

How am I supposed to do that?
Getting back at school in 10 days. And now Im scared, fuck.
Please, is there any kind anon here willing to help me?
>>
Check out khan academy
>>
>>177637
Will do, thanks
>>
>>177621
Looks like you're being given an equation for a in terms of x, and you're being asked to solve for x in terms of a.

As your first two steps try subtracting the square root of x from both sides, then squaring both sides.
>>
>>177621
You first, need to learn to read french nigga, then you need to learn complex equations, then the last step!!! solve the problem.

Nah just messin' pal, I'm not good at math but that Khan academy sounds like a good idea, good luck.
>>
>>177621
square both sides
leave radical on one side
square again
solve
>>
>>177649
>>177683
Did that, and ended up with a gigantic mess.
Thanks, but I dont think this works, or at least not the way I do it.
>>
>>177662
I kek'd thanks.
>>
>>177766
lol of course it works. Do you imagine the answer is going to look particularly "neat"?

I suggest you do as well as you can and post what you did here so that if you're not doing it right, someone can help you or correct where you went wrong.
>>
>>177649
>>177683
>>177811

OP here, I solved it by squaring both times, and by not being completly retarded, just like you say I should have done. Thank you very much, it was pretty easy actually.

(> Implying I have the good answer)

Anyway, if anyone is curious,here is my result.
Thanks again
>>
>>177999
That's wrong because apparently you don't know how to square (a^2 - 1)

If you had checked to see if your answer was correct, you would have caught this. The easy check is to pick x = 0 from the first equation (from which it is obvious to see a=1) and then try a=1 for the equation solved for x.

On your solution, for a = 1, you get x = (1-1+1)/4 = -1/4
>>
>>178121
Oh shit, bumping the time I solve that
>>
File: SmallVictory.png (977B, 172x89px) Image search: [Google]
SmallVictory.png
977B, 172x89px
>>178121
My bad, here is the correct answer.
For my defense, I fucked up by squaring three terms, not just 2.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.