[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to force open a password protected .7z/.zip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: zip-file.png (83KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
zip-file.png
83KB, 640x635px
Is there any way to force open a password protected .7z/.zip file?
I have one that I know has some win in it but obviously I don't know the password.
>>
>>177114
dictionaries
>>
>>177114
don't bother with cracking programs. there are two types; the free ones, that don't work, and the ones you pay for. that don't work.
>>
bump, curious about this too.. I've ran into this situation where the content was good but the password was wrong
>>
>>177368
>>177114
it's almost never real, m8.
>>
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/17774/how-to-recover-a-lost-zip-file-password
>>
>>177374
no they are good. I can open em up with 7zip and look inside, but they can't be touched until a password is given
>>
>>177379

Can you tell us what's inside?

Now I'm curious.
>>
>>177379
>can't be touched

then how do you know what's in there? thumbnails?? those can be faked so easily?
>>
>>177402
mp3s

>>177418
extensions. you can open the archive with 7zip and peek inside. i tried copying files inside to another location but they come out as 0 bytes
>>
the only way to get the files out of a password-protected file is by using the password. password crackers only work if the password is extremely short, like 4 characters.

just because a file inside an archive is called "jennifer_lawrence_3_hour_gangbang_bukkake" doesn't mean that it's 3 hours of jlaw getting fucked.
>>
>>177507
your best bet is just to dl it again from another site.
i remember long ago i used to dl mp3 albums in rar format from google and when some of them were pw protected i tried with the full name of the site from which i got the album in the first place if it didn't work then i've tried on google searching for the name of the site plus the word password and watch if some pw pops up. there's also some free software's out there for "password cracking" but they're pretty slow (they use something called brute force attack) most of them also have an option were you can choose a list of words and have the software run each one on the rar (maybe you can find a txt list of common passwords on the internet). gl
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.