[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I attempted a factory restore on my asus k55n ds81 and something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: P_500.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P_500.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
So I attempted a factory restore on my asus k55n ds81 and something went wrong apperently, it didnt tell me the issues so I said fuck it and went on to windows 10 to see if it atleast deleted all my files. It wouldnt load all I saw was the asus logo and it kept putting on the logo and going blank and putting on the logo I turned it off manually and turned it back on screen was black (easy fix) had this happen to me many times. Fixed that still doing the same bullshit with the logo no loading graphics nothing but now the laptop is turning off by itself any help pls?
>>
You have to boot from USB
>>
>>176345
What do you mean boot from usb? Just stick a usb in or have a usb with windows installed in it if so why not just use the cd?
>>
>>176360
Go to another computer#
Plug your USB stick in
Download the windows 10 media creation tool and select your USB stick as the destination
When it's installed on the stick plug it into your laptop
When you start the laptop you have to select the USB as the boot device
When turning on the laptop, press the ESC key before the logo appears and you will get a list of devices, select the USB or windows 10 one
Then you have to install win10, make sure to delete the partitions on the hard drive
>>
>>176367
Thanks mate will do
>>
>>176367
Wait how do I delete the partitions is that after win10 is installed and running?
>>
>>176374
When the windows 10 installation wants you to choose what hard drive you want windows installed on
It will be similar to this, you only need to delete Disk 0 since Disk 1 will be the USB that you're using for the installation, you can't delete that for obvious reasons
>>
No dice still repeatidly puts up the logo shuts down and puts it up again I have the media creation tool in the usb but it wont boot
>>
>>176719

If it doesn't boot from the usb then you have to check your bios settings and move "USB" to the top of the list of boot devices. Also, if you have access to another PC, try to boot that from the same usb to check that the usb is bootable.

Also, your bios might have a setting to not display the Asus logo, the logo will hide your post reports so you might be hanging on a keyboard fail but can't see the message. Just a thought.
>>
>>176367
>make sure to delete the partitions on the hard drive
That is to say, "make sure to delete the partitions on the hard drive, IF YOU WANT ALL YOUR DATA, FILES AND DOCUMENTS TO BE DELETED FOREVER".

If you don't want all your data deleted, just tell it to install in the partition that's already there. It'll automatically move any Windows that's already on the partition into \Windows.OLD\, which is where you'll find your My Documents, etc.
>>
File: 1471746748772.jpg (24KB, 697x549px) Image search: [Google]
1471746748772.jpg
24KB, 697x549px
> I have the media creation tool in the usb
you didn't just copy that file to the usb did you. you need to run that thing to have it create a bootable install on the usb.
>>
>>176862

>bumps thread
>doesn't come back

OP is faggot
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.