[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you guys help me with this puzzle? Rules are: You can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: help.png (14KB, 703x553px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
14KB, 703x553px
Could you guys help me with this puzzle?

Rules are: You can only move up, down, left and right(no diagonal moves). You have to go through all the squares have to be connected starting from the red one, and you can only end on the yellow one.

You can't draw outside the main box either.

So please and good luck!
>>
File: scribble.png (16KB, 564x427px) Image search: [Google]
scribble.png
16KB, 564x427px
You don't mention that you can only cross over a square once, or that you must move one square at the time, or that you cannot cross over an existing line. Without these important rules you can scribble over the whole grid infinitely. Did you forget to mention them or are these rules truly omitted? If any of these rules is missing then they are an important loophole to solving the problem, which seems otherwise impossible.
>>
>>176085
I'm pretty sure this one can't be solved. I wish I knew enough graph theory to prove it.
>>
>>176099
You're correct! I forgot that rule.

-We're also not allowed to go where we've been before-
>>
File: between the squares.png (12KB, 589x461px) Image search: [Google]
between the squares.png
12KB, 589x461px
>>176105
Are you forced to move one square at the time? To be exact, doyou have to move from the center of one square to the center of another square? If you can move left/right/up/down however you want then it means you can ride the black line between the square. This is a dangerously gray area in the rules. If you ride the black line then do you touch every squares or none at all? It has to be one or the other, you either touch everything or touch nothing, and both can be abused.
>>
>>176110
Only from the center!

Remember that to solve this you have to find a plothole in the rules.

(Which you guys amazingly are finding alot, but none are the correct answers)
>>
>>176112
Can you copypaste the exact rules?
>>
File: tempo.jpg (3KB, 84x150px) Image search: [Google]
tempo.jpg
3KB, 84x150px
>>176102
No, it can't be done. For the same reason as 2X5 can't be done either.
>>
>>176114
The puzzle came to me with rules in italian.

Doing an exact translation is kind of hard but i'll try!
>>
>>176115
1X5 and 3X5 can be done so I estimate that it has to do with whether the number of squares is even or odd. If the number is even then it seems impossible.
>>
>>176118
If we are supposed to spot a trick in the wording of a puzzle then it seems counter-intuitive to ask us to do so based on an amateur translation. Your translation could miss the part which allows the intended answer or create new answers that are not intended.
>>
>>176119
This.
>>
>>176118
post them in italian, I'll translate
>>
>>176102
Simple proof:

- colour the grid like a chessboard
- now you can only move from a black square to a white square, or from a white square to a black square
- so every two moves you end up on the same colour
- so any path with an even number of steps must start and end on the same colour
- start square is white
- end square is white
- so a valid solution has an even number of steps
- the total number of squares is even
- total number of steps between even number of squares is odd
- valid solution has odd number of steps and even number of steps
- .: proof by contradiction.
>>
>>176197
Somewhat simpler: Take a chessboard pattern. There are 30 squares, so 29 steps are needed, so the starting square and the end square must have different colors. They are both white, so there is no solution.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.