[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need three things: 1. What are some good mecha anime? Bonus points

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: eqNe04t.jpg (394KB, 2540x1440px) Image search: [Google]
eqNe04t.jpg
394KB, 2540x1440px
Need three things:
1. What are some good mecha anime? Bonus points for excellent fight scenes.
Already watched TTGL and NGE.
2. Download for an updated version of the Skullgirls OST.
3. Torrent for an updated version of Ultra Street Fighter IV with the DLC.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>175658

>1. What are some good mecha anime? Bonus points for excellent fight scenes.

For more Gainax robots:
Gunbuster
Diebuster
Gurren Lagann movies (They're fantastic compilations of the series that add a lot of new and better animation, if you ever want to rewatch it)

For others:
Code Geass
Eureka Seven
Patlabor 7-episode OVA + Sequel movies
Macross Plus
The Big O
Giant Robo 7-episode OVA
Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo

For Gundam, it's recommended to watch the original series before watching other things in the franchise so you get a basic idea for the series. You don't exactly need to, but I think it's a good idea to do so:
Gundam 0079 TV Series [or] Gundam 0079 Movie trilogy
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Gundam: Thunderbolt: December Sky
Gundam: 08th MS Team
>>
>>175669
Seen Gunbuster and didn't enjoy it very much. It felt really outdated and having six episodes didn't help it.
Been trying to figure out where to start with Gundam, so thanks for those. Will look into the rest.
>>
File: 1447459570975.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1447459570975.webm
3MB, 720x404px
Fafner.
Start with the first series, then go on to Single Program, Heaven and Earth, and then finally Exodus.
>>
Arpeggio of blue steel is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>175712

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Gunbuster, but despite that, definitely give Diebuster a watch. It's more in line with the crazy shows Gainax is known for.
>>
>>175715
>cgi for fight scenes
I dunno about that, senpai. What makes it good?
>>175726
This seems interesting, probably will watch it.
>>175757
I've heard that about it, I guess it's worth a shot.
>>
File: 1450343939636.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1450343939636.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>175794
Well Exodus is probably the best mecha in the last five years or so. Some people might swing for GBF, but it comes down to personal choice at that point. It has some of the best 3D in the business, the stories are all really good,it doesn't shy away from death without going full 80s Tomino, and assuming you get to the director change it jumps in quality after every new entry, the only issue I ever hear from people is not liking the first ten episodes or so. (where the original director was on).
>>
>>175810
Alright, I guess I'll check it out.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.