[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't watched anime in a while, and I have no idea how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I haven't watched anime in a while, and I have no idea how to get back in, what's good, or wand trash. Please recommend something.

I like gag comedy, action, and I can stomach drama, so long as it's not too dry. I don't like the real dark/gory stuff though. I don't want to feel despair every episode. I'm pretty much done with harems, unless there's a reeeeeeeal good gimmick. Not too much into the shows where it's ecchi from wall to wall, but I like sexy things. I'm ok with dubs. In fact, I'm looking for something i can watch while drawing. So dubs are preferred.
>>
Ok now that we're not on /a/ anymore, I'll be glad to help!
Drop me some of the anime you enjoyed and I'll give some similar recs.
>>
>I'm pretty much done with harems
>Mihoshi and Kiyone
OVA 4 is coming soon.
>>
>>175567
Let's see... I always draw a blank when someone asks me what I like.
Full Metal Alchemist
Azumanga Daioh
Lucky Star
Paranoia Agent
Hitman Reborn
DBZ, of course
Trigun
Honey and Clover
Ichigo Mashimaro
S Cry Ed
Wolf's Rain
And probably some others I'm forgetting.

>>175569
I like the concept of Tenchi Muyo. Not the actual show. It has decent characterization, but it's too blue-balling with how it teases you of all these space adventures it never actually takes you on.
>>
Space Dandy might perhaps be to your liking. It has quirky animation, is episodic, has been dubbed into English, and has some gags.

Show By Rock!! is another possibility. It is a music anime with solid animation, okay comedy situations in the form of the boy-band Shingan Crimson Z, vibrant colors, has also been dubbed in English. Its special gimmick is that for the music scenes, the characters and the entire show suddenly turns into cutesy 3DCG-Sanrio-style characters (which makes sense, since the anime is from Sanrio, makers of Hello Kitty). Might or might not be to your liking. It's cute though, and the CG is high-quality.
Another anime using high-quality CG for battle sequences and which is an action show is Etotama.

One harem show with a special gimmick is Monster Musume. It's comedic and quite funny. Harem where all the girls are mythological or fantasy monsters, like a lamia, a centaur, a harpy, a slime and so on.

Non Non Biyori and its sequel Repeat are slice of life comedies, and somewhat reminiscent of Ichigo Mashimaro.
Yuru Yuri season 1 and 2 are also good comedies. Haven't personally watched its third season. I read that season 3 is however considered less funny by others.

Somera-chan and Hackadoll are shortform anime that I found enjoyable.

One Punch Man has solid action.

If you're okay with supersentai in anime form, then Active Raid might be good.

KonoSuba is definitely worth a watch.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 600x529px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 600x529px
>>175574

Pretty solid taste senpai.
If you liked trigun, try kekkai sensen(blood blockade battlefront) by the same guy.

Comedy
>nichibros - great skits by higschool boys
>hale nochi guu - what if chtulhu was a cute girl in a jungle village?
>konosuba - great satire of the "died and woke up in a RPG" genre

Romance
>toradora
>yamada and the seven witches

Action
>boku no hero academia - earnest superhero shounen
>one punch man -parody superhero shounen
>gundam thunderbolt - best looking mecha I've seen in years
>dimension w - solid show with lots of genres

I'm going to assume you've seen bebop, flcl, code geass etc.
>>
>>175595
Oh yea! I forgot about Space Dandy. Been meaning to watch that. Slipped my mind.

I'll give the other stuff a glance too, thanks.

I started watching One Punch Man with a friend. But he's the type of person who doesn't like to binge on anything. So I can't convince him to watch more than 2 episodes at a time. I would have finished the show by now, without him.

>>175600
Thank you, thank you. All stuff to consider.

I'm going to assume you've seen bebop, flcl, code geass etc.
The first two, yes. I tried Code Geass, but it wasn't my thing.
>>
>>175603
Also try ghost in the shell stand alone complex and psycho pass for some sweet near future cybernoir action.
>>
>>175604
I wanted to like stand Alone Complex. But I didn't like it's town, and found Motoko to be unlikable. I honestly didn't know why I should care about the events on screen.
>>
>>175606
Ok try psycho pass then. The main girl is very likeable and is very well written.
It should take no more than an episode to find out if it's your thing.
>>
>>175610
Alright. I got a list of 10 things to check out now. But since you insist, I'll put it near the top of the list. Gonna copy these show titles for future reference. In the mean time, I'm watching Space Dandy.

Thanks again.
>>
Kill La Kill is also worth a shot. Has been dubbed too.
>>
>>175612
Good luck and stay dandy
>>
Tatami galaxy doesn't have a dub but if you like art you should totally check it out
>>
>>175613
I got like 7 or so episodes in that one before noping out. I was really hating the characters. Sometimes a villain can be too good. And when they're truly despicable, the show can't then expect me to sympathize with her because of whatever wacky reason the show concocted. I'm sorry, show, I hate your characters, and no amount of T&A will smooth it over.
>>
>>175574
>Full Metal Alchemist
>S Cry Ed
>DBZ
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hellsing Ultimate
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis
Blue Exorcist
Noragami
(basically a lot of shounen punchy type stuff, though Hellsing is seinen and a bit gorier)

>Lucky Star
>Azumanga Daioh
Some school comedies then?
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Sabagebu
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Nichijou
Seitokai Yakuindomo (a little more racy than the above, if you can abide lots of sex jokes)

>Ichigo Mashimaro
Yuyushiki
Yuru Yuri
Love Lab

Some other recs I think you might like:
Gugure! Kokkuri-san
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Samurai Flamenco
Barakamon

>>175600
OPM is actually seinen.
>>
OP here. Forgot to mention Kuragehime. Which I liked A LOT. So many feels. I was not ready to fall in love with so many characters at once.

>>175621
Too many titles! Too many choices is a burden. Please, if you can, decide which ones are the stand-outs among the bunch, and I'll add those to my list.
>>
>>175624
You should actually try them all out, since you ought to have free time.
You're bound to simply not like some of the shows, no matter how good they are.
Trust your gut feeling and instincts.

Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>175626
My gut actually tells me to dismiss 98% of everything I encounter. Honestly, the vast majority of anime appears like shit to me at a glance. Which is why I'm asking for recommendations. Hearing it from someone else, somehow makes me feel more open to the idea of trying it.

If I had the mind to just go from one show to the next, then I'd just load stuff up indiscriminately, and not ask for anyone's opinion.
>>
>>175624
Not him but my top pics from his list would be
>hellsing ultimate
>Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Nichijou
>gugure! Kokkurisan
>barakamon
I wish I could recomend samurai flamenco but it is best viewed when you have seen too much anime and have become jaded. Then it becomes something magical.
>>
>>175624
If I had to boil it down to like 5 or 6 titles then I guess
Yu Yu Hakusho
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Yuru Yuri
Gugure! Kokkuri-san
Barakamon

I still stand by all the titles I listed though.
>>
>>175627
>Honestly, the vast majority of anime appears like shit to me at a glance
I had this prejudice too before I started watching anime as my primary hobby. I don't really know how to adjust your mindset, for me it just happened naturally by watching lots of different anime and finding stuff to enjoy in them. Nowadays my problem is whittling down my choices each season to a manageable number. I comfort myself by putting the extras on my backlog but I know I'll probably never get to them.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.