[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up my flash drive and now it shows only 8mb out of 2gb.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (15KB, 664x465px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 664x465px
I fucked up my flash drive and now it shows only 8mb out of 2gb. I've searched and tried methods such as the disk management but even there it shows 8mb. Is it bricked?
>>
>>174989
how the fuck u do that OP
>>
>>175014
I tried to format it but my pc died while it was in the middle of the process. Then I tried to format it again since it wasn't readable but fuck me, i accidentally hit the flashdrive on the port causing it to disconnect.
>>
>>174989

Chances are that it's controller simply died, or (if it's a CF card) one of the pins makes no contact.

Try to push it gently in different directions and see if anything changes.

I'm almost sure it's a controller issue and hope you had backups.
>>
File: d.png (13KB, 652x331px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
13KB, 652x331px
>>175252
It doesn't do anything and yes I had backups. Thanks for the tip man I appreciate it

After some extensive research, I managed to reach this using TestDisk. It was quite a challenge for me going in blind lol. I tried selecting [Rebuild BS] but Im not sure what to put into the required values. Any ideas or tips/suggestions?
>>
>>175262
If you've got backups, just fill the whole disk with zeroes and let Windows format it.
>>
>>175263
The disk shows up as an 8MB device. Filling / formatting does not change this fact.
I'm ready to bet that it is also a read-only device now.
>>
>>175270
Am I completely fucked or is it still fixable?
>>
File: 1471485140115.jpg (91KB, 645x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471485140115.jpg
91KB, 645x500px
http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/repair-your-usb-flash-drive
>>
>>175277
I'll try this out, thanks anon.
>>
>>175277
>>175280
Didn't work for me, but hey thanks man.
>>
Sounds like windows messsed up how much space is actually used on the flash drive. You can try this tutorial and see if it works for you, but it will erase everything on your flash drive. Don't run it from the flash drive. http://superuser.com/questions/382242/how-do-i-fix-my-usb-drive-to-get-its-original-8gb-size-back
>>
>>175558
If that method doesn't work, You can try this method. The people who made this method are using windows 10, but the method also works for windows 7. http://www.howtogeek.com/235824/how-to-clean-a-flash-drive-sd-card-or-internal-drive-to-fix-partition-and-capacity-problems/
>>
>>175241
haha holy shit you fucked up twice

good luck
>>
>>175559
I tried doing the re-partitioning but it only showed the 8mb partition and no hidden ones. As for the 2nd method, that's how i started fixing it. But even in the disk management, it only shows the 8mb partition. Now I think I'm stuck with an 8mb flash drive lol. Thanks man.
>>
I think I've exhausted all of my options. Thank you everyone for helping. I guess I'll just buy a new flash drive haha.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.