[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm an older guy, in my mid 40s and I'm pretty out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nkk15cHc0l1qdi16co1_1280.jpg (273KB, 1280x818px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkk15cHc0l1qdi16co1_1280.jpg
273KB, 1280x818px
So I'm an older guy, in my mid 40s and I'm pretty out of touch with tech/computers

Most of my purchases in the last ~2 decades have been from Dell, and I've been very happy. My last purchase was a Windows 7 Desktop that came with 2 discs, 1 of which was the OEM for Windows 7 and the 2nd contained all the drivers.

Has anyone recently purchased a Windows 10 PC from Dell that can confirm they still supply these 2 crucial discs? Really made my life easier throughout the numerous times I had to reformat my rig.
The reason I ask is because I've been looking around and it would seem they may no longer supply these anymore.
>>
>>171124
You can download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft's website and burn it yourself or put it on a flash drive.
>>
File: 1470868719881.jpg (132KB, 1014x705px) Image search: [Google]
1470868719881.jpg
132KB, 1014x705px
>>171124
yeah all companies now put a revert-to-factory-install partition that has a image of the main hdd partition stored in it and you use a utility/recovery option to restore the partition. no more discs. you can order the install discs from most companies but they don't come cheap. alot of people don't realize thats a recovery partition and delete it to make space but they lose the ability to get a factory fresh install back onto their main partition..
>>
>>171124
>Has anyone recently purchased a Windows 10 PC from Dell that can confirm they still supply these 2 crucial discs?
They're not "crucial" at all with Windows 10:

- any driver disk will be obsolete the moment it leaves the factory. It's a waste of everyone's time. The only reason Windows 7 needs one is that its builtin drivers for network cards are so few and so crap that there's no way for Windows 7 to get drivers off the internet. Windows 10 doesn't have this problem.

- OEM Windows 10 activates using a product key in your BIOS, so all you do is install it off standard media and it turns itself into an activated OEM version automatically. So you don't need a special Windows disk from your manufacturer anymore.

- Windows 10 gets a service pack every six months, so any disk would be as out-of-date and useless as a driver disk. Fortunately Microsoft provides the free "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool", which downloads and writes a disk/USB for you. It can also generate ISOs for you to multiboot.

The clearest advantage of this is that you can boot a new PC straight from the Windows 10 disk, and never have to deal with the shit that OEMs like Dell and HP shovel onto the OOTB install.

>rig.
You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
you'd think that someone who has been using computers for 2 decades would learn how to not download viruses all the time.
>>
>>171272
From my experience repairing people's PCs, being old enough to have kids pretty much screws you over no matter what you do.
>>
>>171334
Windows Update, Secunia, Not giving children Administrator accounts.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.