[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello! Im working on a post punk/darkwave EP and i need a cover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20160810-WA0005.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160810-WA0005.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
Hello!
Im working on a post punk/darkwave EP and i need a cover for it, so I need help from a graphic designer here
Since its post punk it should have some impact, and maybe it would be cool if in black and white or dark blue as only colors
Im looking for a kinda joy division/new order and pic related aesthetic
>>
>>170861
Raymond Pettibon painted that
>not computer generated
So, would you want a computer generated image or a painting?

Post-punk always gives me a shitty taste in the mouth, got a link?
Cause I picture greenday cancer when I hear post punk
>>
>>170902
Hi!
No green day is pop punk, a gender you could say its totally the opposite of post punk
I would want a computer generated image, something aesthetically dark, suggestive

https://youtu.be/tyTtC5hmQDQ

This are some of the best songs from joy division.
Notice the artwork, is something that has really strong 80s aesthetic, and that is what i would kinda like. Nothing dark going to glam, but something dark, introspective and simple, aa a recall to those obscure aesthetics
>>
>>170907
Right! Pop punk is what I was thinking about, sorry mate, I got em confused for some reason. I like Punk as well, and yes pop punk isn't punk!

I'll check the link out in a bit.

I checked out the Joy Division New Order cover, I think I know what you mean, those things always make me cringe cause of how much 80s and the shitty it is. Cancer to My Eyes, probably not yours reminds me of CNN shit.

I don't think I can do anything CG cause I'm not a guru at that. And don't have any software, I like where you're going so I wish I could help. Maybe make something and somone shops it, idk.
I can probably paint something of that feel, if I find the feel u are asking for.
>>
>>170916
Dont worry man, its not a problem!
If you feel like painting something in that style maybe you could post it, if you want
>>
>>170919
Haha cool shit man, I'll see what I can do
Very simple stuff you ask for
I'm not fond of Abstract art and all but I'll give it a shot

U play an instrument?
>>
File: Mike-Winkelmann-Beeple-029.jpg (93KB, 635x636px) Image search: [Google]
Mike-Winkelmann-Beeple-029.jpg
93KB, 635x636px
>>170907
>>170861
i've seen a few people (even flying lotus) using this guy's 3d works:
>http://www.beeple-crap.com/resources.php
he states that anyone can use his designs without asking for permission.
>>
>>170922
Thanks!
Yes, since its for my EP
I play all the instruments such as synths, guitars, bass and I sing

>>170926

Thank you very much, ill give it a look!
>>
>>170929
Goddamn mate, you're ready af LoL
It'll be cool to hear it when u done.
>>170926
All right then, this guy's ready kek
>>
>>170931
Kek yes
Yesterday i finished the first song in the studio
>>
>>170934
Goddamn on the studio?
You're going all out on it man
How long have u been playing and what made u want to record it and all?

I got one song out but it's a DIY recording man
Nothing big
>>
>>170939
Ive beem playing for seven years, now im 18
The studio is a homemade studio from a local producer who liked my tracks and offered to produce my stuff for free, but is fuckin professional since he knows everything about mixing, mastering, recording ecc
Its a very cool studio

He also has people who own underground radio station in nevada and stuff like this, so he can give me contacts n shit
>>
>>170946
Oh Goddamn dude, that's bad ass
The kind of shit having contacts can do for you, huh?
Cool shit man, hope u can get something done man
>>
>>170953
Thank you mate, i hope you can too!
Its really cool when soneone wants to put efforr to make your music alive
>>
>>170959
Yeah man, I'm glad you to to record all that dude and that someone wants you to show what u've got. Keep at it man, soon you'll be able to make a band and play gigs
>>
>>170965
I hope so, thanks!
>>
>>170970
Yeah man
No problem
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.