[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEY /WSR/ I'M GOING TO NEED TO APPLY FOR MY FIRST JOB SOON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1465461182919.gif (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465461182919.gif
9KB, 200x200px
HEY /WSR/ I'M GOING TO NEED TO APPLY FOR MY FIRST JOB SOON AND I COULD USE ADVICE
I'M NOT GOOD AT BEING SOCIAL, MY TALENTS ARE WRITING AND VIDEO GAMES
>>
BUMP
PLEASE /WSR/ I REALLY NEED YOU ON THIS
>>
WHAT JOB
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU POSSIBLY HAVE
WHAT EXTRACIRRICULAR ACTIVITIES HAVE YOU DONE
>>
>>>/adv/
>>
>>170753
I LISTED MY SKILLS
I WASN'T VERY SPECIFIC, I MEANT THAT MY PARENTS ARE SAYING I NEED TO GET MY FIRST JOB, SORRY
I DID FOUR YEARS OF MARCHING BAND BUT HONESTLY I HATED MOST OF IT
IT DID GIVE ME A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF MUSIC HOWEVER
>>170754
OH RIGHT I FORGOT THIS WAS A BOARD
>>
If its a min wage job, it literally doesn't matter what you say. If you don't get it, there's a gazillion others
>>
>marching band instead of symphonic

you already lost it
>>
>>170819
Yeah, but I just want to know a few that I could put my talents to use at. If there are any, since minimum wage jobs are mostly cashier-type jobs.
>>170830
Our school does marching band in the summer, and symphonic for fall to spring. So technically I did both.
Only stayed in because I had a crush on a girl, and symphonic was fun.
>>
an employer wants to pay someone to do stuff they don't have time for themselves. look at the job advertisements in your area and ask yourself "can i do that job?"

being able to play video games and write and play an euphonium while walking is cool but if an employer wants you to sit at the register and make change all day, that's what you should be addressing.
>>
>>170814
>I MEANT THAT MY PARENTS ARE SAYING I NEED TO GET MY FIRST JOB,

they do know we're deep in a recession right now and that jobs are rarer than wither skulls in minecraft? what are THEY doing to help you get a job? networking? can either of them get you into where THEY work?
>>
>>171093
Yeah, I understand that, but I was just wondering if there was a lower-tier job that I could use my talents for.
Also I was a percussionist, so not that last thing.
>>171095
They sure don't seem to care, they just want me doing something.
>>
Online freelancing
>>
>>171195
"talents"
>>
>>171212
I have no idea how to start doing that.
>>171279
Woah anon, I can use "air quotes" too!
>>
>>170842

It'll be rough getting into the workforce but retail/fast food doesn't take much. Just play up how much of a good team player/fast learner/reliable person you are.

Honestly retail ain't that bad. If you need something fast, you could check out a temp agency -- in my experience those places can have decent jobs that pay comparatively well (~10/hr). Just make sure you go to a reputable one like Manpower or Kelly Services.
>>
>>171318
I'll look into temp agencies, thanks anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.