[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a short (up to 14 episode) anime with a good dub.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: P60404-150552.jpg (6MB, 3936x5248px) Image search: [Google]
P60404-150552.jpg
6MB, 3936x5248px
Looking for a short (up to 14 episode) anime with a good dub.

Random pic of twig jesus.
>>
File: Azazels_Dream.jpg (182KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
Azazels_Dream.jpg
182KB, 1280x717px
>>
File: 1470248315178.png (746KB, 1024x1452px) Image search: [Google]
1470248315178.png
746KB, 1024x1452px
Madoka Magica. It's kind of depressing, but it's fantastic.
>>
Short and preferable with dubs?

1st season of Spice & Wolf
Space Dandy

I would strongly recommend learning to watch with subs, only certain shows get dubs and even then the dubs are often absolutely shit.

>>170562
The dub fucking killed me on this one, I would only recommend with subs.
>>
>>170564
I can easily watch with subs, but i also have work to do so i cant. Also i hated madoka, never got into it.
>>
>>170566
Shame, if you get used to the cute girl thing it really is a top notch series.

Some other good dubbed series not necessarily short ones are:

Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Full Metal Alchemist (2003 and Brotherhood)
Steins;gate
Darker than Black
Trigun
Outlaw Star
Hellsing Ultimate
Black Lagoon
Psycho Pass
Kill la Kill
Claymore
Gunslinger Girls (I think this has dub?)
>>
>>170570
Watched most of those, but will give the rest a shot. Thanks! Actually right now watching hellsing ultimate
>>
>>170511
Baccano! has in my opinion the best dub of all time. It's 16 episodes
>>
If you like shounen, Boku no Hero Academia, dub is done by Funimation, excellent writing and translations in comparison to the source, Japanese names kept, of course they aren't pronounced like how Yuri prounounces Naruto, but they style of the anime it works way better than the dubbed Naruto, water tight voice quality, highlights being Chris Sabat on All Might, Justin Briner on Izuku and Clifford C. on Bakugou.

Weak points are probably the fights scenes but I totally recommend it.
>>
File: 1469251501031.jpg (242KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469251501031.jpg
242KB, 1448x2048px
>>170564
Although I have a bit of a preference for dubs, I rather liked Madoka's dub. I say that after watching an episode with subs and an episode with subs. To each their own.
>>
>>170663
*episode with subs and episode with dubs
>>
>>170663
might just be a regional thing, I'm british and a lot of dubs just sound so painfully american, i don't find it works well for subtlety or emotion.
>>
>>170667
What, do you not like American accents?
>>
>>170670
They don't sound the same as they do to an American audience. Generally they sound quite cheesy and fake to Brits.
>>
>>170679
Really? Do you think we all really have British accents and are just pretending to have different ones?
>>
>>170681
No, not at all, all I'm pointing out is in the same way you don't notice the accents of your home country, you notice accents of other countries.

Assuming you're American, imagine if all anime dubs had Australian or kiwi accents. It would sound normal to someone from Australia or NZ but it would sound different to you.
>>
>>170684
I'm just joshing you, I get it.
>>
File: Hataraku_Maou-sama.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hataraku_Maou-sama.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
For comedy, the Devil is a Part-Timer is pretty good. I watched the subbed version, but from YT clips the dub seems ok.
>>
>>170690
Yeah, that's a good light-hearted one.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.