[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently my Galaxy S6 broke completely, won't turn on. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: sadandroidfrog.png (275KB, 897x727px) Image search: [Google]
sadandroidfrog.png
275KB, 897x727px
Recently my Galaxy S6 broke completely, won't turn on. I got an S7 as a replacement, but I can't transfer data over, as most methods require both phones to be on and it seems my contacts and such weren't synced to my google account.

I went through the awful process of opening up the S6, possibly breaking it further while doing so, only to find that the internal storage is not what I assumed it to be (an sd card). I had planned on removing it, moving the files to my computer, and transferring them from there.

Do I have any options at this point? Is there anyway to remove and access the storage device within an S6, or am I totally out of luck?
>>
Why not pay someone to unbridled your phone if you got the guap for a new one?
>>
>>169824
>the internal storage is not what I assumed it to be (an sd card)
Why on earth would you think it was that? Does your PC have an SD card inside it?

Storage on phones (even shit phones like Androids) is encrypted. If you can't boot the phone and put your code in, you will never, ever, ever read the storage.
>>
>>170004
Hard drives in PCs are pretty easy to remove and typically unencrypted. An earlier galaxy phone I had had a removable SD card, and since they're compact, I assumed that they were used as internal storage for phones like this. It was still a stupid mistake, I was in a rush.
>>
>>169992
I was under that impression I could easily retrieve the data myself at first, but it seems like I've completely fucked it up at this point.
>>
>>170019
Kinda, yeah.

If you want your data back, you need to get your phone to boot. If your data's worth less to you than the cost of taking it to a repairman, then you should probably chalk it up to experience, and actually back up your phone so it doesn't happen again.

BTW, the way it would have worked on iPhone:
- You log in to new iPhone
- New iPhone downloads the backup your old phone made automatically yesterday, downloads all the apps you had, and sets itself up as an identical copy of your old phone. Everything is exactly the way you left it, from your camera roll to your Angry Birds highscores.
>>
>>170032
Alright anon, thanks for the insight. I guess I'll just learn from this. Only really lost my contacts. You can back everything up on Samsung phones via both your Google account and your Samsung account, I just didn't have stuff set to back up for whatever reason.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.