[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What anime did you binge watched and it was worth it?(so I could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 275128.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
275128.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
What anime did you binge watched and it was worth it?(so I could do the same)

Could be any genre as long as it is interesting
Romance is a plus
More than 12 ep. is a plus (or 2nd season)
>>
>>169792

Binged Hunter x Hunter (2011) a month or two ago. I didn't think I had it in me nor did I think it would be so easy to watch episode after episode, but it was definitely worth the watch. The penultimate arc was absolutely fantastic.

It's 148 episodes though, so it might be a bit more than you're asking for. I finished it in a week though and I always take forever to watch anything these days, so it might be easier to get through than you think. Or not. Everyone's different.
>>
>>169792
Baccano

Ran through that in like a fucking day. Loved it all
>>
I binge watch 99% of my anime. Just this weekend I binge watched yona of the dawn.
>>
>>169792
Konosuba
Seto no Hanayome
Excel Saga

If you want something to relax try Natsume, Mushishi or Non Non Biyori.
>>
Mawaru Penguindrum.

I watched it over three days. There are 24 episodes. I think it was definitely worth it. Makes it easier to remember important details and scenes, because that show has a lot of them. It was also easy for me to do because it drew me in very quickly.
>>
Binged fate zero again this past weekend. Was definitely worth it
>>
>>169792
Baccano! is the best anime to binge
>>
>>169864
Do not do this. Mawaru Penguindrum is meant to be digested over time. Marathoning it will take away from the experience.
>>
>>169792
I watched Evangelion + End of Evangelion in one sitting.

Madoka + Rebellion too.
>>
>>169806
This. If it's already fully aired, I don't see the point in not watching it all at once.
>>
>>169921
It only added to my experience, personally. It's too exciting to watch slowly.
>>
>>169925
It detracts.

For example, if you binge Macross 7, you notice that it has 49 episodes and seven songs.

If you binge Higurashi or Meguca, you miss out on all the speculation, because you just get told the answers.

That said, binge Sora no Woto. Everything in the entire series happens to enable one event near the end, and you won't see that unless you binge it.
>>
>>169941
Do people not speculate or question shit WHILE they're watching things? If I take a week between each episode I'd end up filling in the gaps with other anime and at that point my focus will have been shifted away from it. I can understand the fun of speculating as a group when watching an airing show with /a/, but when I'm alone and the show is already complete, I don't think that I should need to restrict myself. Similar to how I would watch it as it airs, I would speculate as to what happens with the plot, and regardless of if I wait one week or one minute in between episodes, I get to see if I was correct or not.
>>
>>170023
>Do people not speculate or question shit WHILE they're watching things?
Well, no, because when are you going to do it?

If you don't skip the credits, that gives you *three whole minutes* between episodes where nothing's going on.
>>
>>170026
>when are you going to do it?
While I watch. It's like reading a book, you just interpret information as it comes to you.
>>
>>170029
Well, no, it's not like reading a book, because books don't have a motor turning the page for you.

The director and scriptwriter knew there was going to be a week between each episode, and wrote and paced accordingly. There are series where you can binge it and it doesn't matter, because it's just hey-some-shit-done-blowed-up, and then there's series where doing that absolutely rapes it.
>>
>>169792
I only binge watched Nichijou. It's a silly and very light slice of life anime with a lot of nonsense.
>>
Fucking Kaiji man, that shit had me on the edge of my seat.
Baccano, Code Geass and Madoka would be great too.
>>
>>170030
If something is long, I prefer to watch 6-12 episodes in one sitting, then take that in. That said, it can be fun to experience something in one go and THEN ask yourself the questions.
You don't read Kaffka's trial and stop after each page to think about it. You read it, then you digest it, then read it again to find more details.

Regarding the topic: the last thing I binged more than 12 episodes a day of was Hunter x Hunter.
>>169792
This guy gets it. After I passed the first 20 or so episodes, I may have watched 8 hours per sitting. I haven't found anything like it since.
>>
>>169792
the original SDF Macross
>>
>>170090
Fuck, op is not the one getting it.
>>169798
THIS GUY gets it, though.
>>
File: error.png (264KB, 636x675px) Image search: [Google]
error.png
264KB, 636x675px
>>170094
>>170090
HxH's Chimera Ant Arc is widely renowned as the slowest anime ever made. You could easily cut 3-6 minutes of recap out of each 22 minute episode, and probably a further 2 of redundant narration.

It was intentionally drawn out, because the author cocklodges with the author of Sailor Moon, and thus can write it as and when he can be fucked, which turns out to be "not very often". If they'd paced it normally, there'd have been no material left, so they'd have had to stop. Pacing it normally and actually showing what Leorio, Kurapika, Senritsu, Chrollo, etc. were getting up to was also not an option, because the Word of God was "I can't be fucked deciding, and no you can't just make something up".

I watched it in a week, and I probably skipped eight hours of credits, summaries, etc. That's an ENTIRE TWO-COUR SHOW.

So yes, if you want to binge-watch anything, binge-watch HxH. It's tantamount to watching a normal series at a normal pace.
>>
File: 1464976234301.webm (421KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1464976234301.webm
421KB, 800x450px
>>169792
Concrete Revolutio is one of those kinds of shows that were fun to watch weekly because of the speculation, but somewhat also hard to get for those who didn't pay too much attention because of the time skips. But it's also a show that can be binge-watched, allowing you to digest all the information quickly.

It's a superhero show set in a fictional 1960s Japan where all the kinds of Japanese superheroes like Ultraman, kamen riders, giant monsters, magical girls and mecha pilots exist.
Features romance, unrequited love, broken hearts, the search for justice, existential questions about what purpose do superheroes serve and other stuff.

Has 24 episodes, some nice action scenes, a nice soundtrack and old insert songs from the period.

Might be worth a watch for you, OP.
>>
>>170113
Wow, so mad. How about you let other enjoy their anime how THEY want to? Not everybody likes waiting a week between episodes, and it does not matter one bit what you think about that fact, nor will your crying change anyones view.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (159KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
159KB, 500x541px
>>170139
>Wow, so mad
Irony much?

Look at all that butthurt!

Did someone say mean things about your waifu? Show the nice man where he hurt you.
>>
>>170143
>/a/ tier multy line rant with multy line rant containing pic

hah
>>
>>170149
No matter how much you whiteknight him, he's still not going to bum you.

[spoiler]because he's not real[/spoiler]
>>
Haikyuu!!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.