[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been watching lots of post-2000 anime so I'm now looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Been watching lots of post-2000 anime so I'm now looking for some anime with beautiful, detailed cel animation. It has to be availabel in high definition. Some of the stuff I've seen:
Eva, Lain, Utena, Oshii Films, Ghibli films (all of both), Perfect Blue, Five Star Story, Macross Plus (original and Seven as well), Turn A Gundam, 08th MS (and original, Zeta, and CCA, War in the Pocket).
>>
The first twelve episodes or so of the GaoGaiGar BD have been encoded by Bunnyhat.
It's technically 2001 but I'm pretty sure S-cry-ed was done on cell.
There's also Patlabor, Gunbuster, Magical Knight Rayearth, Escaflowne, The Slayers movies.
>>
Check out some early Gainax stuff: Gunbuster, Nadia, Wings of Honneamise, etc. Back when Anno was head stuff at the studio they had some really beautiful animation.

Also check out Memories, 3 short films combined into a single feature, all with lovely animation. The animations were all worked on by different people, so they have differing styles. Satoshi Kon also wrote the screenplay for one of them.
>>
>>169042
Infinite Ryvius
Space Runaway Ideon
>>
>>169078
>>169053
Thanks, only seen Escaflowne, Gunbuster and Patlabor out of those.
>>169069
Seen those as well, I love Gainax,
>>
>>169078
Read the OP.
>>
Akira, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, the original Record of Lodoss War
>>
>>169228
Thanks, but I've seen those.
>>
>>169233
Ah, I should've guessed that, but seemed weird not to see them listed.

It's really a shame that we won't get any cel in the future, I adore the look and feel. I sometimes watch old hentai just to see some cel.
>>
File: anime_experimental.jpg (1MB, 1160x2600px) Image search: [Google]
anime_experimental.jpg
1MB, 1160x2600px
>>169233
Neo Tokyo & Memories (you've seen akira right?)
Robot Carnival
Tenchi Muyo
Flag
Galaxy Express 999
Only Yesterday
Jin Roh
Grave of the Fireflies
Tokyo Godfathers
Mai Mai Miracle
A Letter to Momo
The Tibetan Dog
The Wind Rises
Planetes
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Outlaw Star
Appleseed
Gunbuster + Diebuster
Junkers Come Here
Kaiba
Lupin III (First Contact, Plot of the Fuma Clan & Castle of Cagliostro)
Tori no Uta
Ursa Minor Blue
Roujin Z
The Cat Returns
Iblard Jikan
A Country Doctor
The Diary of Tortov Roddle
La Maison en Petits Cubes
Metropolis
Cencoroll
Ani Kuri 15
also Steamboy was 10 years in the making

http://archive.nyafuu.org/wsr/thread/115133/
>>
NARUTO
>>
>>169042
Mononoke is a beautiful, engaging visual feast with some good music and fairly decent story. As far as artwork goes, it's seriously one of my favorites of all time. Don't look at stills, find clips if you're gonna probe it before you acquire it. Stills can't do it justice.
>>
>>169364
You mean the movie? Because I did mention I saw all Ghibli (feature) films.
>>169308
I mentioned in the first post that I'm looking for cel animatied works.
>>
>>169359
good one
>>
Berserk
>>
>>169895
Thanks, seen it.
>>
>>169042
Plastic Little

and pretti much any work of Satoshi Urushihara
>>
>>170415
Not HD
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.