[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /wsr/ thanks that /g/ doesn't help out with computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ss (2016-08-06 at 02.26.04).png (35KB, 674x532px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-08-06 at 02.26.04).png
35KB, 674x532px
Hello /wsr/ thanks that /g/ doesn't help out with computer trouble, i will ask here.

For months my computer has been restarting a lot, at first it was just by having youtube in the background and now it's randomly, either by playing vidya (it doesn't matter if the vidya is old), watching youtube or either browsing the web, my main toughts are that it might be my the voltage of my power supply (Cougar Power X 700w) or my motherboard which recognizes diverse perifericals even tho i don't have them (two mice and two keyboards for example).

Attached i have my specs, i really don't want this to turn into a Nvidia, Intel, AMD fight so please abstain to do so.

My hopes are that i only need to change one thing and thats it because if not i might get fucked thanks to the overpriced taxes of my third world country.
>>
Restarting as in really restarting windows, or crashing to blackscreen, or bluescreen?
>>
>>168267
Blackscreen, sound stutter then restart, no bluescreen and windows throws me a generic error.
>>
>>168267
Any news anon?
>>
Not really sure if this helps, but i've had exactly the same problem. It was cause d by my evga gtx670.
I fixed it by inserting another old amd card in the second pcie port on my motherboard.
If it's stupid an it works, it ain't stupid
>>
>>168444
Shit thanks anon, the problem is i don't have any secondary evga and buying a new one might be really hard to do at this point, i went to PCpartpicker and aparently the pieces of my computer are compatible with each other and the Power Supply is enough for my machine, still i don't know what it could be, as right now the Mother is the only thing that shows signs of problems by recognising things i don't have connected (some people say it's common).

Here is a bit indeep list of the parts

AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor

Deepcool GAMMAXX S40 54.2 CFM CPU Cooler

MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card

Cougar POWERX 700W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

AOC 919Vwa 19.0" Monitor
>>
>>168444
I fucking hate the fact that also yesterday i was palying the fucking sims 4 and the computer restarted, now it's fine and doesn't restart anymore.
It literally picks when and when not restart.
Also do you think the problem was really the evga and not the motherboard?
>>
Now i remember a bit more of stuff, for example opening cheat engine is a secure restart 90% of the times for example
>>
The computer restarted just for playing Fallout Shelter now
>>
Blackscreens are caused bei either problems with the graphics card, or software problems. If it is feasable and you have backups, consider reinstalling Windows. Or at least run a bootdisk of some antivirus software to check for obvious infections.

I don't know how to do it on Windows 8, but you should be able to view crash dumps in system event viewer (on win10 accessible via msconfig).
It can sometimes show you which driver was causing the problem, if it was a driver.
>>
>>168468
Event viewer gave a generic error of power being cut, the drivers as we speak are cloned on the periferics menu (audio, 2 mice and 2 keyboard), formatted multiple times and ran checks with malwarebytes and antivirus with no errors, it still happens while having the pc fresh
>>
Op here my vga also doesnt stop working out of nowhere like drivers stopped responding etc
>>
Try removing your gpu and use your computer with the onboard graphics. This should help you to identify if the problem is the gpu, or something else.
Also, how old is your power supply?
>>
>>168674
Better buy a new motherboard if the gpu is not the problem
>>
>>168674
>>168675
I bought a new mobo (MSI Gaming 970) my power supply has one or two years max, still after buying the new mobo i still have the problem of duplicate mouse and keyboards, the problem is my razer mamba is identified as an extra keyboard and i have a second mouse aside from the mamba in the mouse section.

Sorry for being in spanish but still is self explanatory

Until now my computer didn't restarted once tho, yet i had some small black flashes on my screen (probably bad drivers thanks windows)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.