[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright lads, I've not watched anime in almost a decade.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1467576292779.gif (125KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
1467576292779.gif
125KB, 500x291px
Alright lads, I've not watched anime in almost a decade. I kind of grew out of it and to be honest a lot of this weeb culture didn't help. I don't want to watch lolis flying around casting spells or super kawaii/moe drama.

Basically I'm hoping some of you lot can suggest something along the lines of what I'm trying to define, to kind of get me back into watching anime.

I like the more gritty but not intentionally hardcore stuff, sort of things that are low on the weeb-scale. I don't mean Yu Yu Hakusho or DBZ, because I still classify that as hyperactive drama.

Somewhere in the realm alongside Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in The Shell, FMA and even Trigun off the top of my head.

Much appreciated.
>>
Monster.
>>
I'm not very good at recommending anime to people who hate anime, but I guess try Samurai Champloo? Maybe Baccano too. I don't know what will trigger your hatred of "weeb" culture.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 552x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 552x415px
>>166917

Looks good thanks

>>166926

For lack of a better word, you know what I mean. Let's just say what /a/ would consider fantastic watching.

Best way I can describe it is like Studio Ghibli, aside from their films directed at children. I like all of them, they don't have any kawaii/moe/pandering/fan service vibes. They have a story and they tell it, they don't include any story telling narratives like 'Super Cool Guy' like you would see in most animes.

For more of an example, I like Bleach or liked, it has a good story but it's plagued by those 'narratives', it has moe/kawaii moments, it has the emphasise on super badass hero moments and so on.

Basically I'm after animes that obviously aren't centred around high school romance drama, but something with a good story and its narrative doesn't pick up on any of the cues that plague most animes.

Sorry if that's complicated.
>>
One that you might like is The Legend of Legendary Heroes.

It fits your description and has an extremely awesome main character.
>>
>>166943

Make sure to watch the dub, however, because I found the sub's voice actors to be much worse.
>>
>>166943
>>166944

Nice one, cheers.
>>
>>166905
Samurai Champloo
Great Teacher Onizuka
Akira
Planetes
FLCL
Serial Experiments Lain
>>
Baccano!
Perfect Blue
Millennium Actress
The Garden of Words
>>
>>166973

I'll look at a few of those, remember Champloo was great.

>>167077

I really like the look of Baccano, I recognise a few movies in there I've been suggested by friends.

Thanks the pair of you, got a nice list going here.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.