[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want to make a debian liveusb to use for installation, should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: index.png (8KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
8KB, 323x156px
If I want to make a debian liveusb to use for installation, should i download the cd image, the dvd image, or does it even matter?
>>
>>166796
Download the .iso and use linuxlive usb creator
>>
>>166799
but there is no iso,it says 'cd images' and 'dvd images'. i want to know which of those IS the iso. in all other distros i've used, it just said 'iso images'. I'm bloody confused.
>>
Debian doesn't have a liveusb version
>>
>>166801
what? you put the iso onto the usb with a creator like rufus and install from there. i just want to know which iso to download and if there is a difference.
>>
im not going to have any net for a week, so i NEED to get this done now. anyone know which i'm supposed to use?
>>
>>166803
1. That's not what a liveusb is.
2. If you have an internet connection, go for the minimal netinstall version

Else, go with either you feel like, there is no difference.
>>
>>166796
>>166800
>>166803
>>166804
JESUS CHRIST.

Do you want 700MB of packages? Then use the CD image.
Do you want 4,500MB of packages? Then use the DVD image.

Frankly, I'd advise you to use neither, because if this is too complicated for you, Debian will blow your tiny little mind.
>>
>>166796
Download any of them and shove them on a flash drive.

>>166800
>but there is no iso
ISO is the (normal) format that is used to store data on CDs and DVDs. All of the disc images are in ISO format.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.