[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for manga with complex narratives similar to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: eva.png (380KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
eva.png
380KB, 640x472px
I'm looking for manga with complex narratives similar to how in anime we have Eva or Lain. Works which have a bit of a puzzle-like story that you have to pick apart and look at all the vague hints to put the whole picture together.
>>
Sora No Woto

The show itself isn't too complicated, but the background to the world is pretty nice. It only hints at things that the viewer can piece together over time, but it never gives a clear answer.
>>
>>166114
I asked for manga, one of the reasons being that I've just watched a whole lot of anime so people would probably just recommend stuff I've already seen, like Sora no Woto.

I also don't really think Sora no Woto has this to the extent Lain and Eva has, plus it's not so much of a focus. Also, those two shows have vague exposition but there's enough of it to form fairly comprenehsive and complex storylines. In Sora we just see that there is a mixture of different cultural elements but there really isn't much hints provided to explain it.
>>
>>166120
None of these are manga.
>>
>EVA
>complex
Lol did we watch the same series?
>>
File: 1464636120997.jpg (456KB, 1024x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1464636120997.jpg
456KB, 1024x1220px
>>166171
this meme needs to die.
eva is full of complicated themes m8, unles you have only seen the rebuilds. not everything is obvious about the plot until revealed slowly. an example of this would be that the evas are not mechs, or that rei is a clone fuckdoll for gendo.

end of eva is deep, if you watched them and didnt think so then whatever you're probably dense.
but gj contributing to this thread.

sorry to say OP but these shows are pretty unique
this exact thread is made often
>>
>>166187
Yeah, but somehow there's tons of anime: Star Driver, Texhnolyze, Haibane Renmei, Utena, Raxhephon, FLCL, Kara no Kyoukai, Paranoia Agent, Tutu, Penguindrum, Big O

So I'm looking for at least 1 or 2 manga like that.
>>
File: 1468990902414.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1468990902414.gif
2MB, 400x224px
Blame!/Noise is a pretty good manga+it cut all the unnecessary dialogue.
>>
>>166284
Thanks, but I read those. Liked them a lot.
>>
>>166187
Eva writers said themselves they were writing fake deep to look more interesting
>>
>>166623
Provide quotation.
>>
>>166628
>Implying art isn't in the eye of the beholder
>>
>>166623
>>166628
There's rumor someone of the staff said the religious symbols were added because they look cool.
Even if that is true, it does not detract anything. The intention of the creator is irrelevant in the first place, since any pieces meaning is gained via the experience of the viewer. If I watch Boku no Pico and it makes me think over my life, gives me revelations no other piece could, than that is legit no matter if the authors wanted that or not.
>>
>>166110
Cory In The House had a lot of intricate threads that can really get you digging into the narrative.
>>
>>166110
Glasslip. It's the thinking man's anime.
I'm still trying to get an answer.
>>
>>167587
It was Tsurumaki and what he said that it had no christian meaning, that doesn't mean there wasn't any meaning at all. I mean it's kind of obvious that the tone of the series would be different if those elments weren't there.
>>
>>166628
Artists want to communicate something. When someone tells you something do you just make up your own meaning or try to figure out what the person wanted to say.
>>
File: 1469680052705.jpg (233KB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
1469680052705.jpg
233KB, 1024x788px
I saw a picture of a figurine based on this scene in the manga, but now I can't really find it.

I have tried to google, with Kira yoshikage figurine, Kira yoshikage explosion figurine.
>>
File: asdasd.png (211KB, 612x463px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.png
211KB, 612x463px
>>167732
whoops, sorry i posted into a wrong thread. Apologies, im an autist
>>
>>167733
Kek
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.