[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi im new to pc gaming and got this old pc from a friend. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ep6ercrum3x73dzfkgr7.jpg (39KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
ep6ercrum3x73dzfkgr7.jpg
39KB, 636x358px
Hi im new to pc gaming and got this old pc from a friend. What parts would i Need to upgrade to make it run most games smoothly.

NVIDIA GT 640
8 GB RAM
AMD FX 8320 Eight core 3.5
Windows 10 64 bit
>>
Put in a GTX 1080 or similar GPU, maybe double the ram. Any other form of upgrading would probably be more like an entirely new build.
>>
>>165740
Budget?
>>
RAM is fine, CPU is fine. Needs a new GPU and possibly a better power supply to handle it.
Open it up and tell us what power supply it has in it. It's the box at the top rear or bottom rear of the case with a whole bunch of wires coming out of it.

>>165741
Don't listen to this idiot.

You should be able to find a decent used card fairly cheap if price is your main concern.
>>
>>165740
A water cooler and overclock that 8320
A RX 480 GPU
>>
>>165862
Suggest somebody to buy a used video card and tell somebody to disregard somebody else's suggestion which is practically the same as yours.
>>
>>165867
u mad bro?
A GTX 1080 is a terrible suggestion. Overkill for 1440p, not enough for 4k.

>>165864
Right, forgot that those CPUs tend to run hot.Overclocking can wait until he has it upgraded and knows it's stable.

Good luck finding a RX 480 at anything close to MSRP right now. Scalpers can get fucked.
>>
>>165876
Buying a used video card is just as bad, because you don't know how long and how hot the card has been run for or. At least you get a warranty on a new card.
>>
>>165882
>muh virgin vidya cards
Most of the time a used card will be fine. If you get it on ebay or amazon then you'll be protected for a few months which is enough to see if the card has been run into the ground.
>>
>>165887
Hmmm...A few months or a few years (with an extended warranty) I wonder which one I would pick. I'd rather know for sure instead of gambling on used equipment and then potentially wasting my time and money, especially things like video cards.

Just out of curiosity, which used video cards would you recommend there? I'm interested to see this since you say to get a used one but don't offer a suggestion on a particular one.
>>
>>165888
Depends on the budget. A GTX 970 is around $150-170, or a R9 290/290x for a bit more. If you want to pay more than that for a used one, you may as well wait until the new ones come down in price
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.