[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>>/g/ basically told me to ask you guys for advice,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>>>/g/ basically told me to ask you guys for advice, so here it goes.
>I'm having problems getting my Asus PCE-N15 Wireless Adapter to work with Mint Linux
>I downloaded what I presume to be source code from the manufacturer
>I installed build-essentials
>I extacted the tar ball and navigated to that directory using terminal
>sudo make
>Wall of text.jpeg
Doesn't look good. What do? Am using latest version of everything.
>>
Fuck Linux. If you picked that shit up from /g/ take it back to them.
>>
>>164670
In general, you "./configure" before you "make".
>>
>>164670
If it won't configure, you need to find a newer driver.

HW_BEACON_FILTER was renamed in 3.4, FFS.
>>
>>164710
Yeah something always manages to go wrong and it's impossible to find a solution. I've tried using Linux mont on multiple occasions and every time i do the WiFi doesn't work.
>>
>>164832
That's the latest driver available from the manufacturer's website. It was released in 2014.
>>164829
I've never done this before. There doesn't appear to be any wireless adapters that work straight out of box. Except maybe wi pi.
>>164710
No, I'm tired of Windows, and I'm sick of Microsoft.
>>164860
I've never had a wireless problem before, but I generally use laptops or netbooks. This time around I wanted to convert my primary desktop.
>>
>>164944
You're using Linux for meme reasons. Just install Windows and be happy.

I've written kernel drivers, but there's no way I'd run Linux on the desktop. You can't even compile a module.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.