[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with YIFY? What should I use instead do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Sem título.png (3KB, 714x20px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
3KB, 714x20px
What's wrong with YIFY? What should I use instead do download movies?
>>
Nothing wrong with them. Guy who wrote that is probably just a quality elitist with a good internet connection. If you need smaller movies, YIFY is ideal.
>>
The quality is terrible, even streaming it from Netflix would look and sound better
>>
>>164542
They very much have the '90s "we're fans doing this for fans, and if you don't like that, zero fucks will be given" attitude.

If you want your fansub to be a simulacrum of a commercial release, then YIFY is not for you.

Personally, I think little touches like in-jokes over the ad-break credit splashes are fun and whimsical and distinguish the product from the boring clinical translations churned out in Texas, but each to his own.

If you don't like them, you won't like GG either. I've noticed that not liking this sort of thing is strongly correlated with a "mount stupid" amount of experience of Japanese or animu, though.
>>
>>164542
My main complaint is that the audio is awful, but the video quality isn't great when you compare to a higher bitrate version but it depends on what you're watching on really.. At least go for a 3GB or so torrent instead.

>>164818
YIFY isn't fansubs you must be thinking of something else.
>>
>>164827
Derp, I'm thinking of YESY.
>>
You mean besides looking like shit and having fucked up audio? YIFY makes torrents for people who have no business torrenting.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.