[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /wsr/ about to buy myself a new computer set up, I'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: nzxt-clean.jpg (25KB, 447x315px) Image search: [Google]
nzxt-clean.jpg
25KB, 447x315px
Hey /wsr/ about to buy myself a new computer set up, I'm gonna be gaming 4K more than likely overclocking. Anyone know if these parts are all 100% compatible, link is the parts:
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/X3VBZ8
>>
>>162655
Looks fine. Seems like you're overpaying for some stuff but I don't know if that's just Australian prices.
>>
>>162682
Yeah it's mainly Aussie prices, shit that's like 500 US is $1000 here.
>>
I'd get an extra set of fans to get rid of the stock Hyper 212 Evo Cooler master fan. The Heatsink works great but I had to get me a set of nice silent Corsair ones that ran faster and nicer. It would probably only be like twenty bucks more. That way you could also fuck around with push/pull configuration which doesn't help that much more but if you only use one fan on the cooler you can put the other fan on the case.
>>
>>162695
Any fans in particular I should look at?
>>
>>162696

I got mine at Microcenter. http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294966926+4294958436&myStore=true This page should give you an idea.

1500 rpm is what you want and if they're advertised as silent or quiet they should be good.
>>
>>162701
Cheers man, appreciated
>>
>>162703

No problem
>>
>>162704
Tbh I've been suffering with a really crappy pc, eg my GPU has been an old Nvidia 210 so it's finally time for an upgrade - so my decision was to go for something that'll last a while at least.
I've one more question for ya, on that page there is mostly if not all, case fans - can I just put a case fan in where the Evo would have been?
>>
>>162704
>>162707
Nvm I googled it and just found out they're compatible. Do you reckon id be fine in keeping the Nzxt case fans, or should I buy a pack of fans to replace them and the cpu fan?
>>
>>162707

Yeah, as long as they're 120mm they are interchangable.

Case fans are usually OK. I just know I bought a batch of the cheapest fans from Microcenter to replace the crappy one that came with the Cooler Master and they all fucking sucked. They would give me low rpms which in turn gave me somewhat low temps and I decided to never again cheap out on fans, so I went with the Corsair ones that cost about $20-22 for a pack of two and after that beautiful and consistent. Also the cheap fans even the Cooler Master after not long gave me this shitty sound almost like as if a metal blade was constantly hitting some other piece of metal which drove me fucking crazy a constant ringing.
>>
>>162711
Damn, thatd suck - was there any issue with the cooler Master ones or were you just not impressed enough?
>>
>>162716

The cooler master one mainly after a short time ran at a slow rpm. What that did was made my fucking computer beep at startup because my motherboard detects slow fan speed lower than a certain rpm speed. I could have easily set my motherboard to ignore the low rpm and not beep but that's not what I wanted, the fan just wasn't spinning that fast. I didn't like that especially because I have a fx-8350 and during idle I'm the temps were ok but I do like to use my cpu at max every now and t hen so I want the fan to run good. It was running at like 900 rpm or some shit like that when it should be running at 1500 like advertised. It wasn't an issue of load because even when my cpu ran hot the rpm wouldn't increase. After I got the Corsair ones problem completely solved. I didn't even want Corsair originally because I had a beef with Corsair after I had a bad experience with ram and for a while I didn't buy any of their shit, but after giving their PSU's a shot and now their case fans I'm starting to trust them again.
>>
>>162717
Oh sweet, I've a few friends who love their peripherals, different from the pc's organs but they've said they're happy with everything peripheral wise from them
>>
>>162718

I'm looking at your build again, You need to pay A LOT for your stuff. Because shipping? Goddamn for that PC in the states you could probably spend half of that.
>>
>>162720
Yeah it's always depressing seeing the price of a part, getting excited by the cheapness, and then realizing the site is US and then I flick it to AU and the price is multiplied by a million. no clue why its gotta cost so much
>>
>>162720
Craaap, was just comparing prices between different regions - compared to New Zealand I'm happy with what I gotta pay.
But for example the 1080 cards are going for $1000 at least here, and I'm seeing over the net they're only $600 in US
>>
>>162732

That blows, you can't get ANY of that shit in stores somewhere in Australia?
>>
>>162735
Yeah yeah, those are prices from our stores - I've found that website compares prices from all stores in Aus and gives you the cheapest prices. I went through checking prices for everything individually and somehow the website ended up cheaper than what I could calculate
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.