[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is the right place for this, sorry, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_m6n6r7z1Wt1qb4m38o1_1280.jpg (525KB, 1280x1018px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6n6r7z1Wt1qb4m38o1_1280.jpg
525KB, 1280x1018px
Not sure if this is the right place for this, sorry, but I'm requesting an answer :p

I just cut myself pretty badly on my thigh and the wound is probably as wide as half my little finger's nail. It is showing white fat. I don't have bandages so I'm using tissues and duct tape instead. I applied some pressure for about ten minutes prior to my makeshift bandage. It's gonna scar, I don't mind that at this point.

What should I do? I'm keeping it above my heart best I can. How long until this will heal? How often should I change bandages? What am I doing wrong here?

Should I have pinched the wound closed a bit before applying the bandage? Help please, I'm a little shaken and really have no clue what I'm doing here
>>
>>160778
go the hospital and get it stitched professionally. Unless you an sew yourself up with no loal anesthetic...
>>
>>160778
What did you cut it with? Depth is important, not just width.

Depending on what you cut it with, you might need a tetanus shot. At the least it should be irrigated and dressed with something sterile.
>>
>>160778
>It is showing white fat

How fat are you?
>>
>>160784
A razor. It isn't that deep, I think it is just at that layer of white fat. Okay, could you walk me through that real quick please? Sorry
>>
>>160785
Not really fat at all, I'm pretty healthy. It's on my thigh tho
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (382KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
382KB, 1600x1200px
>>160787
Do you have health insurance?

Apply pressure and elevate. Once it's stopped bleeding use hot water and soap but try not to get soap in the wound, it'll irritate it a lot. Use 3% hydrogen peroxide after to help prevent infection.

If the cut is deep enough to expose fat it could probably do with a stitch or two, and if that's done promptly it can help reduce scarring.

If that's not possible use sterile bandages, change at least once a day depending on how physically active you are / when you bathe etc. Just keep the area clean, dressed, and dry when not washing it.
>>
>>160803
Thanks a bunch
>>
File: IMG_0399.jpg (336KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0399.jpg
336KB, 1600x1200px
>>160807
No problem. Things to look out for: obvious pus draining from the wound or red streaking from the area. If you see those it's infected and you need to see a doctor.
>>
>>160791
>I'm pretty healthy
>Cuts themselves

OP, please seek professional help. You are not healthy if you are cutting yourself.
>>
>>160885
maybe it was accidental? idk, I have a scar on my thigh from when I was young and dumb and doing crafts (some kind of shit with candles, I don't remember). I remember thinking "I don't need to go all the way over to the table for this, I can stop the knife before it goes all the way through the candle" *slice*
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.