[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /wsr/ I found an iphone 4 on the street today on my way home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20160723_014613.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_014613.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Hey /wsr/ I found an iphone 4 on the street today on my way home from work. Can anyone tell me how to get pass the lock screen?
>>
>>160560
Ask the FBI, I hear they were extremely successful in this regard.
>>
apple devices are known for being virtually unhackable
>>
>>160560
take it to the nearest apple store. If it belongs to nobody maybe they'll reset it for you. I would expect a waiting period to identify the owner first.
>>
>If it belongs to nobody
you think it's a feral iphone?
>>
>>160560
passcode locks are super easy to get around.

Plug it into a computer with iTunes. Press and hold the sleep/wake button and the home button together until you see the iTunes symbol on the screen.

If it was recoginized by your computer it should state something like device found in recovery mode and have 2 options one to update and one to restore.

Restore it as new and as long as it didn't have Find My iPhone enabled on it then you can just set up and use from there.

Keep in mind it will most likely be locked to a carrier as most iphones are sold locked to a carrier,
>>
File: 1466102240181.jpg (394KB, 1263x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1466102240181.jpg
394KB, 1263x1060px
>>
>>160863
Incorrect, there are guys on the cutting edge of this shit and they are bypassing iCloud locks.

It's just a really, really involved process.

And if OP is asking here, he doesn't have hope of doing it himself.
>>
>>160880
I smell shite. In any case, you're not them.

Assuming they're not made up, and you somehow avail yourself of their services, you can never update your stolen phone, because iPhones need activated after every update, and anything done on the phone has no effect on Apple's activation server.
>>
>>160889
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNDwzTPWegQ&ab_channel=F.C.E.365TV-iDeviceCentral

You can flash the phone with custom firmware, that doesn't have the app that is the activation app.

The phone works perfectly after that EXCEPT you won't have any phone signal (SIM won't work), maybe you can't update your phone but who cares?

In the future when more exploits are found and made public (there are some exploits that are already out there, but the people who discovered them are not releasing them, so Apple doesn't patch it) I'm sure SIM usage can be restored anyway.

I'm just saying Apple isn't indestructable.

At the current stage, an iCloud locked iPhone 6 can still be bypassed and used as a smartphone, minus any regular calling/texting functionality. But if you're always on WiFi, you can use alternatives (skype, whatsapp, etc)
>>
>>160560
What happens when its owner turns on Lost Mode?
>>
>>160863
To be fair to OP the thing looks fucking trashed. It fits his story pretty accurately that it's a phone he found on the street.
>>
>>161102
it's 2016 and that's an iphone 4
>>
>>161102
They have unique IDs, and the thing is saying "I am a phone that belongs to someone, and I am locked, so you can't use me, but my real owner can and this is who I belong to".

Whether you hit someone on the head and take their phone, or they drop it and you pick it up and don't give it back to them, you still stole it.

It's only not theft it:
- you have a good faith belief that the owner was discarding it (PC left by a dumpster, fridge with a sign saying "I work, take me home", etc.)
- there is no practical way to identify the owner ($10 bill lying in street).

This phone meets neither criterion. It's still stolen, mugging or no mugging.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.