[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all the normalfag-tier hundreds of episodes anime (like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: teslanator.jpg (22KB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
teslanator.jpg
22KB, 410x230px
Out of all the normalfag-tier hundreds of episodes anime (like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball etc) which would you recommend to watch more than the others?
>>
>Wrote a way too long rec
>Erase and make it short

Different settings, different tastes. My advice is start watching 5 - 10 episodes of each to see which one you like the best.

The stand out long runner is Gintama, but you shouldn't watch it first.
>>
>>160395
>you like the best
the most

(sorry)
>>
>>160396
>>160395
"That you like the best" is perfectly acceptable English, anon. Thanks for the recommendation anon that makes total sense considering thee anime are so long that watching 5 episodes is barely getting "too far into it".
>>
Space brothers, Legend of galactic heroes, Card Captor Sakura.
>>
Do yourself a favor and watch good long running anime instead of that trash.

I endorse >>160398 these picks, especially Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
>>
>>160398
>>160403
Well that's two votes for Legend of the Galactic Heroes

That's a science fiction anime right? I like scifi.
>>
>>160393

If you're going to get into One Piece at all, I suggest just reading the manga instead, unless you really need the voices, music, and bad animation.

In fact, the same goes for Naruto and Bleach as well. It saves you a lot of time, if you really want to experience the story of each.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is fantastic, definitely give it a watch if you need your fill of intense battles and action but also a little bit more to it.

Watching any Yugioh series with the dub (or even sub) with friends is pretty fun, too. Seeing how badly someone can write a duel is truly something, especially when the original series has no concept of rules at all and does whatever the fuck it wants at all times and it still comes out amazing. Or when they completely change the text/effect of a card or even make up an effect. It's truly entertaining, but it might not be your thing.

By the way, I can't really comment on Dragon Ball, since I haven't experienced anything about it, so that's still left up in the air.
>>
>>160409
>read One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach
Ok
>HxH
I'll look into it
>Yugioh
I remember watching Yugioh as a kid. I remember that Yugi was basically cheating the whole time with "Heart of the cards" and that enraging scene where he loses Exodia right away.
>>
sailor moon
>>
The only long runner (100+ episodes) that I can recommend is Sailor Moon
>>
>>160416
>>160446
I'll take a look at Sailor Moon then as well.
>>
I don't know if that show counts without fantasy and all that, but Hajime no Ippo is a great long running show.
Even the first punches Ippo dishes out feel stronger and more satisfying than endgame fights in DBZ. I don't care about boxing at all, but this show really got me going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1VNM57PHms
>>
It's separated by several seasons, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure will soon go beyond 100+ episodes during the 4th arc that's airing right now. And it'll most likely keeping going after that for each subsequent arc as well.

Though it's not as connected as a normal long-running series, it still fits what you want, I think.

>>160451

Now you've gotten me excited for it. I didn't know Madhouse were the ones that adapted it, either, although I should've guessed from the quality and adherence to the artstyle. Now I'm even more excited.
>>
>>160456
Ah JoJo, that's a great pick as well if you can handle lots of testosterone.

Madhouse handled Ippo very well, it is a great adaptation.
>>
>>160415
>I remember watching Yugioh as a kid. I remember that Yugi was basically cheating the whole time with "Heart of the cards"
4Kids made up all but one reference to the "heart of the cards" (the pharaoh actually does say "caado no kokoro" once in the original). 4Kids also made up the "Shadow Realm". Also, Yugi doesn't cheat and neither does the pharaoh.

Anyway, Yu-Gi-Oh is awesome if you like battle shonen.
>>
monster is the best long running anime
>>
>>160484
They animated 1990s Germany so perfectly that I got constant feels watching Monster. It was like revisiting my childhood, but in Japanese and with lots of murder.
>>
>>160393
Detective Conan is worth watching. Give the rest a miss.
>>
>>160393
Highly recommend Gintama. It has a little bit of everything in it.
>>
sailor moon, desert punk, cc sakura, neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop, afro samurai, kill la kill

all pretty good normalfag anime
>>
>>160451
>Hajime no Ippo
I like boxing and I didn't know this even existed, thanks a lot for the recommendation.

>>160456
>>160458
>JJBE
I've seen lots of /a/nons talk about it but I've never really looked into it myself. I'll check it out.

>>160477
>4Kids made up all but one reference to the "heart of the cards" (the pharaoh actually does say "caado no kokoro" once in the original). 4Kids also made up the "Shadow Realm"
Wat. That's like every battle scene in Yugioh IIRC. Yugi usually started losing and all of a sudden he goes pharaoh and says "you failed because you didn't trust the heart of the cards" and tells bad guys that they're banished to the shadow realm. I'll have to watch the sub.
>Also, Yugi doesn't cheat
Well not actually cheating but more like drawing the exact card he needed to win almost every time.

>>160484
>>160496
>Monster
>1990s Germany
>murder
Sounds really interesting, thanks.

>>160503
>Detective Conan
Looks like it could be pretty fun.

>>160514
>Gintama
You're the second person to recommend that. A little bit of everything would be nice as long as it's not all over the place.

>>160530
>sailor moon, desert punk, cc sakura, neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop, afro samurai, kill la kill
I've seen NGE and Bebop but I was looking more for long running anime. I'll add those to the list though, thanks.
>>
>>160404
It's actually more political, it just has a sci-fi setting.
>>
So I watched one episode of Legend of Galactic Heroes and I'm already hooked. Thanks for all of your help and your other recommendations (saved them for later viewing).

Sorry if this consists as a necropost.
>>
Shin chan
it's like the japanese version of the Simpsons
>>
What is there to expect in Card captor sakura? Just started liking mahou shoujo through prisma illya and nanoha, is the show similar to what I listed?
>>
>>161008

As someone that has not watched any of those anime, I can tell you that Card Captor Sakura will be more lighthearted than Nanoha and not at all as sexual as Prisma Illya.

Card Captor Sakura could probably be more closely compared to Sailor Moon, as they're both intended for young girls, but can be watched by anyone and still have merit as well as having cute girls that aren't being blatantly sexualized and without themes too dark that children would be deterred.

Take all of this with a grain of salt though, as I haven't watched any of this besides 12 episodes of Sailor Moon Crystal (which everyone hated, apparently), but that's the general feel I get from each of them, as well as the many threads I've glanced over the years on /a/.

I'll get to Card Captor Sakura one of these days though.
>>
>>161008
Watch Madoka Magica
It's the best mahou shoujo
>>
>>161023
this
don't forget the movie
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.