[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My computer has been dropped on its side and is currently giving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

My computer has been dropped on its side and is currently giving me the message "Reboot and select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key". I've tried fixing it myself using YouTube tutorials, but nothing has worked so far. Any tips or advice on what caused this and how it may be fixed?
The computer is an Acre Aspire XC-605 if that helps.
>>
Shit, the image came out upside-down
>>
open bios, see if the drive is detected
>>
not op but i also have a question so ill ask it in here. i'm a poorfag and i have an old laptop (+10 years) and recently i leave it running with the battery now the battery won't charge at all and the system icon says that it cannot read the battery status and also there's the battery red light that keeps tilting every second. is there any risk if i leave it like that?
>>
If it was dropped while running, the force probably destroyed the hard drive. If the hard drive is not detected in the bios, you'll need a new one. The mobo may make some beeping sounds.
>>
>>160130
you should be able to remove the battery and use it like a desktop computer. unplug it from the outlet, remove battery, then plug the power back in. it's no longer portable this way, and power outages won't be fun, but that may not be a problem for you

obviously the other option is to replace the battery, but you said that you're a poorfag so ye!
>>
>>160156
also forgot to mention, shutdown before pulling out the battery lol
>>
>>160130
No, there's no danger. If it can't read the battery, it won't try to charge it.

>>160159
>>160156
You can do all that, but it's not necessary.
>>
>>160087
>>160085
If you're lucky, the hard disk has fallen out of its connector.

But it's way more likely it's headcrashed, and can't read the firmware it needs to bring the SATA link up.

Modern hard disks have a low-level bootloader that can run the platter; when you boot, the bootloader spins the disk up and loads the rest of the disk's firmware off it.

This means that when modern drives have damaged platters, they don't even appear as a disk.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.