[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear dudes, I've got a foreign malware I need to uninstall,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Dear dudes, I've got a foreign malware I need to uninstall, only problem is I can't read what the uninstall menu says, so I've come to the only place I know I could get some advice/help!
Pic related uninstall menu
>>
>>159825
Too bad it's Chinese, if it were Japanese you could probably find more help here.

But, unless someone knows Chinese and can help you, your best bet might be to just try and use google translate. It sucks, but at least it might be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm studying Japanese and we also sometimes have to look up characters by drawing them (since there's thousands), and I can tell you that google translate is hands down the best tool to use for handwriting recognition. Especially if you're unfamiliar with kanji stroke order.

https://translate.google.com/
Select Chinese for the input language at the right, and then in the bottom left corner of the input box is a button with an arrow next to it. Click the arrow and then click the option at the very bottom that has a pencil icon. That will pop up a drawing box.
Then just start drawing the characters one by one and selecting them, and hope that google can translate it in the end.

Or wait for someone who knows Chinese to help. Your choice.

Feel free to copy paste what you have or ask for help on a particular character if you can't seem to find it.
>>
>>159856
OP here, Thanks for the info! Will give it a go, seems a fair shot!
>>
>>159860
Do you have an anti-virus? Surely that would be able to deal with it. Malwarebytes is good and has a free version if you need one.
>>
>>159863
OP here, already done 3 scans with Malware Bytes, but appreciate the response. Never assume someone who asks for help knows the basics!
>>
Get the Google translate app on your phone. It'll translate that shit automagically.
>>
>>159825
have you seen if it was installed simply in add/remove?
try using something like i2ocr to get the first characters and paste the character into regedit/search
>>
>>159921
>>159932
He probably clicked the wrong option and now his PC is a brick.

RIP OP.
>>
>>159932
OP here, thanks for the website made it alot easier to translate however I shall show you what I have to work with >_<

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.i2ocr.com%2Fdownload%2Foaprjh21fa14342c.jpg.html&sandbox=1

>>160012
That comment made my day anon!
But I have been blessed with similar malware before so I know not to do anything hastely and to disconnect from the internet.
>>
>>160129
Jesus that's terrible.

Have you tried the handwriting recognition suggestion? It took me about 30 seconds to figure out that the first line in your pic says 亲爱的用户: Dear user.
It shouldn't take that long. Although maybe that's just because I'm just used to seeing kanji and know how to write them
>>
>>160134
OP again.

I've tried the handwriting but I'm terrible at it and most of the "Signs" or "Symbols" I got were either wrong or very vauge. Alas I only "Translated" the last two on the bottom, but they came out at jibberish. Before you got an actual translation I thought this was a mish-mash of chinese and that it was made to be a deadend. Thank you yet again my learned friend!
>>
>>160143
I figured. I got bored so I just kept going and here's what I got

亲爱的用户:
小快正在快速成长、哪里表现不够好让您要卸载小快呢?

解压软件慢 解压格式少 习惯用其他产品 操作不方便
其他(您的宝贵意见会让小成长更加顺利)

您的联系方式:
QQ\邮箱\手机

继续使用 确认提交

Throw that into google translate and it just sounds like the checkboxes are asking you for the reason you want to uninstall, the first box is for comments, and the last box is for your contact info.

Then the buttons come out as
>continued use
>confirm submission
Seems weird though because that would lead me to think the blue button cancels the uninstall (i.e. continue to use the program) and the gray button confirms the above form (i.e. confirm and continue)
But I don't know. When it comes to east asian languages auto-translations are pretty terrible.
>>
>>160147
OP Again.

Thanks again you fucking LEGEND!

Words cannot describe the service you have provided in my time of dire need!

I salute you good sir!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.