[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need helping understanding this story, and one of my questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (61KB, 372x321px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
61KB, 372x321px
I need helping understanding this story, and one of my questions ask what's the meaning of sentence ,'As boys going... afternoon.'
>>
go to a bar, itll make more sense there
>>
to quickly take on the persona of someone in that environment, ie. adapt yourself to it
>>
Well, I think it's just a true observation about humans. We tend to fall in line, adopt speech patterns, lingo and mannerisms of our surroundings, our job descriptions, our perceived identity. This is especially true for young impressionable people ("boys") looking for a greater sense of belonging. In adopting the parlance we give up a little of our own identity, it seemingly turns us into someone else. Outsiders can see, this is a lie. But it suits us. The act gives us confidence. "I'm not a school boy anymore - I'm now a hardned sailor, don't you see?" We pile up these heaps of lingo to ridiculous heights, just to boost our self-importance. The less "commoners" can understand us, the better and the more superior we feel. This is how young insecure people build identity.

It takes a lifetime of experience and insight to tone it down again, to realize that the most impressive feat is to blend in, to have extensive niche knowledge and overwhealming power, but talk so everyone still understands you and to still seem innocent and approachable.

That's what the sentence means to me, anyway :-)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.