[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games have gameplay that actually affects the story (a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

File: despair clem.jpg (1MB, 954x1080px) Image search: [Google]
despair clem.jpg
1MB, 954x1080px
What games have gameplay that actually affects the story (a good one hopefully), isn't a shooter, and has 3d graphics not just isometric?

I keep wishing all these walking simulators had actual gameplay, its beyond frustrating.
>>
File: the void.jpg (29KB, 220x311px) Image search: [Google]
the void.jpg
29KB, 220x311px
>>148314
So far the only thing I've played like this is pic related, but obviously that's pretty niche
>>
The Dragon Age games?
>>
>>148332
just watched this to get an idea on the gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuR2zMuUBaY

doesnt seem appealing at all, not really into combat in general desu
>>
>>148314
Life is strange has decisions which change the story
>>
>>148314
Jade Empire I guess?
It's one of the games Bioware made back when it was actually good.

Basic idea of the game is that you either take the path of the "open palm" or "closed fist" which is either being a nice person or an asshole, the story advances in a subtle way based on your choices and the ending depends on how you've acted along the way.

Best I've got, Anon.
>>
>>148340
seems liek the same combat style as this >>148336
>>148332

not for me clive
>>
>>148342
You're going to have a hard time finding anything.

Try looking up stuff by Taleworlds. The Walking Dead has you make choices that make a gigantic effect on the outcome of the story. It has some (sort of) combat to it sometimes.
>>
File: deep choices.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
deep choices.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>148345
>The Walking Dead has you make choices that make a gigantic effect on the outcome of the story.
nice joke

telltale's "choices" are all a lie, life is strange as well, they just use the illusion of choice to immerse you
>>
>>148348
Jesus Christ there are literally no other things to suggest.

>Doesn't want shooters
>Doesn't want ARPGs

Go play a grand strategy like Hearts of Iron OP.
>>
>>148336
No. Don't consider any other dragon age aside from Origins.
>>
>>148345
>Taleworlds.
This is a good suggestion even though it's a typo.

Mount & Blade Warband is a great game even though it's not exactly what you're looking for, or much of what you're looking for at all, OP, but at least your choices matter.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (94KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
94KB, 399x388px
>>148349
>Go play a grand strategy like Hearts of Iron OP.

>Football Manager 2014
>You've played: 866 hours
>Football Manager 2016
>You've played: 398 hours

I mostly play autism simulators or sports games now. I want a return to the immersive fantasies of my youth though, it's hard when you're too jaded to enjoy combat though.

I played Skyrim and it was great I can understand why people like it. I didn't enjoy it longer than an afternoon though the story and setting perfect, the gameplay intolerable. Couldn't enjoy the Witcher or any FO games either. Hack/Slash/Shoot your way through the story.

I need more man...
>>
>>148314
Play Witcher 3 if you haven't
>>
File: nightmare goggles.jpg (30KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare goggles.jpg
30KB, 480x270px
>>148352
It looks the same as the other one.

>>148356
see>>148355
>I played Skyrim and it was great I can understand why people like it. I didn't enjoy it longer than an afternoon though the story and setting perfect, the gameplay intolerable. Couldn't enjoy the Witcher or any FO games either. Hack/Slash/Shoot your way through the story.
>>
>>148358
Well!!! Thats how a game works..... if you just want a story try watching movies and tv shows
>>
File: 1451852903093.gif (1001KB, 358x202px) Image search: [Google]
1451852903093.gif
1001KB, 358x202px
>>148358
>It looks the same as the other one.

don't talk to me or about dragon age: origins ever again

In all seriousness though, I'd recommend Life Is Strange like the other anons said. I also recommend Dishonored. Saints Row: The Third has a little bit of what you're looking for as well.
>>
>>148360
>if you just want a story try watching movies and tv shows
not all gameplay has to be combat

thats the whole point of this thread walking simulators i hate as well and are just as trash as the rest to me

litearlly read the OP people

>>148314
>I keep wishing all these walking simulators had actual gameplay, its beyond frustrating.

>>148361
it was just a joke dude, i mean the gameplay seems the same essentially, so i wont enjoy it

> I'd recommend Life Is Strange like the other anons said.
see>>148348
>telltale's "choices" are all a lie, life is strange as well, they just use the illusion of choice to immerse you
LiS had the illusion of choice as well at the last the whole game was a lie and you just had the stupid binary ending making everything else you did irrelevant

>Dishonored
this seems interesting even if not quite what im looking for, i loved Thief, splinter cell, and Hitman (when actually trying to use stealth and not just go in guns blazing)

>saints row
combat senpai, not my cuppa tea
>>
>>148364
Just read a motherfucking book.
>>
>>148365
books dont have gameplay faggot

thats the WHOLE POINT i want immersive gameplay+story
>>
>>148368
>Immersive gameplay that affects story that can't be dialogue or combat or 2D or isometric or a "walking simulator"
Just try another medium or fix your bat shit standards..
>>
>>148371
i already said i was down for dishonored, where there was some combat but it was more complex and about stealth

there was also this game >>148316

the story mode for the long dark i've got high hopes for as well, i dont think im being unreasonable here there are games out there like this
>>
File: odongi_l_n.jpg (726KB, 6374x2552px) Image search: [Google]
odongi_l_n.jpg
726KB, 6374x2552px
>>148316
Made by the same studio, try Pathologic,
there's almost no shoothing, olny in self-defense, the plot is great, just try it goddamit
>>
>OP doesn't know pic related
>OP is a faggot
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1266x816px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1266x816px
>>148374
Oxenfree was pretty rad. Maybe you should give that a shot. On sale right now on Steam.
SOMA, is also on sale.
Oxenfree has no combat, but you better time your speech choices right.
Pretty sure SOMA doesn't have combat either.
>>
>>148364

Just read VNs and forget about ugly 3D.
>>
>>148339
can't find it on steam. link?
>>
File: 2015-02-16-711903.jpg (588KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-16-711903.jpg
588KB, 900x900px
>>148666
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
Cheaper to buy the whole deal than one episode at a time.
>>
>>148615
i did try it, was pretty good 7/10
>>
>>148364
just play the sims
>>
File: lavhoes1.jpg (40KB, 326x539px) Image search: [Google]
lavhoes1.jpg
40KB, 326x539px
or you could just buy some of those choose-your-own-adventure books. if you get to a page with combat you can just rip it out.

but seriously though OP, I hope for your sake that you're not this picky when you go out to eat. if you are, you've probably eaten more waitstaff/cook spit than your own spit.
>>
>>148314
Deus Ex does a pretty good job
>>
>>148789
Might as well start playing visual novels, the ones with choices and multiple endings.
>>
>>148314
You fucking pussy play Dragon Age:Origins.These types of games were never anyones cup of tea until it was.We all were 12 once but guess what we grow up and try different shit.It will be far more challenging on hardest difficulty than any other bs game.Besides like some other guy suggested read a book they'll be more memorable than these games anyway.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.