[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I have meningitis, but am 100% unable to go to a doctor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: b3350d62a30aa90635f9a26a031fd461.jpg (465KB, 1000x1060px) Image search: [Google]
b3350d62a30aa90635f9a26a031fd461.jpg
465KB, 1000x1060px
I think I have meningitis, but am 100% unable to go to a doctor. Can someone look up the best fish antibiotic for treating meningitis for me?
My head already hurts really bad and looking shit up requires moving my neck and arm, putting even more pressure on the infected/injured area.
>>
>>130638
do you have any idea how you caught the supposed meningitis? in the case that its viral it says bed rest,fluids,and over the counter meds for reducing fever and relieve aches. I personally hate doctors but I highly recommend checking it out. it says theres a chance of seizures and brain swelling if its bacterial. I cant say for certain what medication because im not a doc.just go to a doc anon.
>>
the antibiotics depend on what type of meningitis you have.
Noninfectious meningitis due to allergic reaction or autoimmune disease may be treated with corticosteroids.
il ask a nurse I know when she gets off work but its unspecified
>>
File: go to the fucking doctor.jpg (46KB, 550x640px) Image search: [Google]
go to the fucking doctor.jpg
46KB, 550x640px
>>130638
if you think going to the doctor is expensive now, think how expensive it will be when you have permanent brain damage from meningitis. on the bright side, it could kill you and then you wouldn't have to worry about bills or anything else.

go to the doctor, is what I'm saying. go to the emergency room if you have to. meningitis is serious business.
>>
also meningitis is a notifiable disease in the united states and other countries
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notifiable_disease
it is so serious that doctors are literally legally required to notify the government if they come across cases of it. it spreads and it's dangerous as fuck. OP I am dead serious about this, if you physically can't get to a doctor, call an ambulance or something. worry about the bill later. without proper treatment, this could kill you and it could spread to other people. please please don't try to treat this yourself.
>>
>>130670
>>130675
>>130687
>>130693
Is meningitis ALWAYS accompanied by vomiting? Because I haven't felt any nausea at all.
>>
>>130725
none of us are doctors. good fucking lord you better be posting this from a hospital waiting room, or so help me god I will show up at your house in a hazmat suit and physically drag you there.

if this is a troll thread, fuck you. if not, do not play guessing games with this shit. DO NOT TRY TO DIAGNOSE IT YOURSELF. DO NOT TRY TO TREAT IT YOURSELF. MENINGITIS KILLS AND IT SPREADS. GO TO A FUCKING DOCTOR. ANY DOCTOR. RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

this is my last post in this thread.

source: have had meningitis and have known other people who had it. JUST GO NOW
>>
File: 1455481036408.jpg (117KB, 794x719px) Image search: [Google]
1455481036408.jpg
117KB, 794x719px
>>130737
this anon is correct
Op we all know doctors are expensive I know this firsthand. but this is different this can spread to alot of people moms and dads grandparents sons and daughters. this pain your feeling will happen to them. if that isnt reason enough and you some how despise humans let me explain this in a way you will get. look at my daughteru tell her your sorry that you gave her brain damage tell her your sorry that she has to be in a wheelchair the rest or her life tell it to her coffin that you weren't man enough to get checked out oops sorry
go to the fucking docter before I have to dig a hole for her
>>
Not OP but can you spread meningitis if you're dead?
>>
>>130750
We're about to find out, NIGGA DEAD!
>>
>>130638
>thinks he has meningitis
>wants a fish antibiotic

ffs anon, you need immediate hospitalization if meningitis. Would have asked about your symptoms but it seems too late now. No, meningitis isn't always accompanied by nausea, but it is one of the common signs of the disease.
>>
>>131392
Also if it is bacterial and you are still lying at home, you are pretty doomed by now. Seek immediate medical help anyway
>>
OP here.
I doubt it's meningitis.
I'll probably go to the doctor in the next few days, though.
>>
>>131395
sounds like bait to me. Anyway, what are the symptoms ''OP'' ?
>>
>>131396
I swear I am OP. Symptoms include my head hurting. The physical trauma was near my neck so unfortunately the injury is made worse if I flex my neck frequently. During the first week of the injury (5 months ago) I had some trouble breathing. I'm also hallucinating. My vision also feels fuzzy when the injury gets irritated.
But yeah. Typing actually kinda strains by neck so I probably shouldn't have even typed this out. But whatever now you know I am not infecting you.

Thanks for replying everyone.
>>
>>131400
Injury from 5 months ago?
>No fever, lethargy, suspicious rash or moments of being inadequate

Definitely not meningitis
>>
>>131404
Highly likely it is neuropathic pain due to nerve damage because of whatever injury you had. You probably need prescription strength painkillers for that type of pain and a referral to a good masseuse.
>>
>>131408
Do you think I got brain damage from this whole ordeal?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.