[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to connect to a friends computer using ultraVNC.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: www.dlyab_.com_.jpg (60KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
www.dlyab_.com_.jpg
60KB, 708x708px
I'm trying to connect to a friends computer using ultraVNC. He has a server, but when I use the address I can't connect to him at all, I don't even reach the point where I can put in a password. Its over a local connection. Is there something I need to do, or something I'm doing wrong?
>>
Ok, scratch that first post, I've managed to connect to him. Now what do I need to do to connect over the internet, and not just locally?
>>
Are you on the same home network right now?
>>
>Now what do I need to do to connect over the internet
on router port forward the vnc port to friends local ip
>>
>>121715
Right now yes, and I can connect with the local ip, but im trying to figure out how to connect to him over the internet. I know he connects to it from his work,so I know it can be done, and I know he only has these ports open:22,23,25,53,80,110,443
>>
>>121876

Wherever you are probably being blocked from that certain port by whatever firewall is between you and the internet.
>>
>>121956
Im especially confused because his server says its using port 5900, but the port isnt open
>>
>>122479
>using port 5900, but the port isnt open
if so, you wouldn't be able to connect
are you sure the vnc server is running?
>>
>>122557
Im positive the server is running because I can connect to it over LAN. I also know my friend connects to it over the internet, because I've seen him controlling his computer while he was at work. Is it possible hes connecting through some other way?
>>
What I tried to do was use the public IP address and attach the server port, 5900, to it, and it didnt work. IDK how else to do it though
>>
>>122974
you need to get into your friends router, go to the wan port forward page, add the vnc port to the list and forward it to the pc on the lan.
>>
>>122952
it's possible he has a VPN set-up
>>
>>123774
How would I find this set-up, and is there a way for me to get into it without him knowing so
>>
>>123804
OP, did you try >>123707 already? If you can connect via lan but not over the internet, this is the most likely reason.
>>
>>123804
>without him knowing so
Shit, I missed the part where you're trying to spy on your boyfriend. Fuck off.
>>
>>123817
>
Yes, spying. I'm sitting right next to the computer, I can connect to it via lan, or just sit in front of it, but I'm trying to connect over the internet to spy on it. Sure.
>>
>>123843
If you're not spying, then there'd be no need to do anything "without him knowing".

You could just say "Hay d00d, can I get a cert for your VPN so's I can Remote Desktop your computer thx".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.