[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

looking for show's like black lagoon with good dubs for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 455063-revywinter.png (349KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
455063-revywinter.png
349KB, 853x480px
looking for show's like black lagoon with good dubs

for reference, i enjoyed bebop, gurren lagann, nhk, elfen lied, akira, mononoke, muromi-san, i'll post others when i remember
>>
Jormungand
>>
>>117525
>Jormungand
Thanks, looking for a good source on the dub.
>>
Akame Ga Kill
>>
The best of the best of the best
>>
>>117571
Thanks

>>117583
So this series seems confusing, there is a movie that came first, then a TV show with 2 "gigs" that follow an alternative story line, and then a bunch of other movies and such. Should I skip the movie and go straight to SAC which appears to be the tv series?
>>
File: gits_kick.gif (985KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
gits_kick.gif
985KB, 500x269px
>>117593
>Should I skip the movie and go straight to SAC
Fuck no you shouldn't. The GiTS film is widely considered to be one of the greatest animated films ever made. You would be doing yourself a great disservice by skipping it.
>>
>>117601
OK, right, watching it now since it looks pretty good.
>>
>>117606
While you're at it watch Akira if you haven't already. If you're really new to the medium I can write a list of films I recommend.
>>
>>117609
I said in my OP that I watched and enjoy'd Akira ;), saw it a long time ago in childhood, and multiple times since then. Incredible film. And sure, I'd love a list of similar films if you wouldn't mind.
>>
>>117612
Ghibli flims. Literally all of them. They're not similar in content, but no one should go without watching them.
Jin-Roh
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Memories
Redline
Patlabor 1 & 2
Kite
Metropolis
Time of Eve
Patema Inverted
Pale Cocoon
>>
>>117616
I forgot to mention I've seen most (all?) of the Ghibli's, but those seem to be considered entry level/pleb tier. I've seen Paprika and it was great, haven't seen the rest of those. Will check them out, thanks anon
>>
>>117621
Don't worry about something being entry level. If it's good it's good, period.
Also keep in mind that the uncut version of kite is essentially hentai.
>>
>>117501
Fooli Cooli is amazing. I saw someone already posted Ghost in the Shell, but that should definitely go on your list. Wolf's Rain, anything Miyazaki, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note
>>
>>117639
>>117601
Just watched the GitS movie. What the fuck is that ending, I hope the story continues in the show or other movies, god damnit. I remember watching FLCL as a kid, recall there not being much story and just action, maybe I'll give it another shot.
>>
>>117621
Entry level anime actually tends to be pretty above average quality. The negative stigma attached to entry level stuff has more to do with the kind of people who watch entry level anime than the actual shows themselves.

Also for recommendations, consider watching Yu Yu Hakusho's English dub. It's a classic. Not all of the voice acting is great, but many of the characters are just fantastically done, and it has one of the best dub scripts.

Speaking of amazing dub scripts, you need to watch the English dub of Ghost Stories. Probably the funniest gag dub of an anime ever, better even than Shin-chan's.
>>
>>117713
What kind of people are associated with watching entry level anime? Objectively it would seem to me that those who obsess over the brand new anime being released of the day would have less good taste and be more associated with trendiness, but maybe that's just an outsiders perspective.

Interestingly, I do recall watching Yu Yu Hakusho as a child now that you bring it up. I actually think I own the DVD of the movie, that comes with another movie.

I've seen some of Shin-chan on adult swim I believe, makes since now that it is a gag dub. I wasn't really aware that was a thing until just now. I'll check out Ghost Stories for sure. A horror story turned into an ad-lib'd black comedy. I also read that there is a non-gag dub made for it.
>>
Also, in terms of GitS, I'm really disappointed with the first episode of the TV series following the movie. It seems to be either a prequel, or an alternate story line that lacks the relative depth of the movie. I know there is a second season and other movies, anybody have a more detailed understanding of the series? Should I continue to give the first season a chance, or move on to another show? Hard to see the show living up to the movie, at least after ep1.
>>
Panty & Stocking
Baccano
>>
>>117731
>What kind of people are associated with watching entry level anime?
It's called entry level for a reason. It's people who aren't familiar with how vast anime actually is as a medium. It's a term used by anime fans to describe someone that only really has a superficial interest in it.
>>
Kill la Kill
Space Dandy
Trigun
Hellsing

Also >>117765, Baccano's dub is great.
>>
>>117765
I was actually just watching Baccano the other day, but I've committed to watching it with a friend so that must wait for now. I watched Panty and Stocking with a friend once, that show is just ridiculous, good if you are drinking or something hahaha.

>>117907
Space Dandy was OK, I watched a bit of it, didn't really feel memorable to me. I haven't checked out Trigun and Hellsing, but have heard of them many times before. Will give them a watch.

Currently I'm watching Rozen Maiden for the first time, actually not bad, always just assumed it was a desu desu meme for many years.
>>
>>117733
Don't watch SAC expecting the first movie. It's an alternate universe that's vastly different from the one in the movie. Even the characters have different personalities, e.g. Major has a much more human personality than in the movie. Nevertheless, it's a great series. You should definitely keep watching it. If you don't like the "stand-alone" episodes, try watching the "complex" episodes, as they aren't as episodic and have a tighter storyline.
>>
>>118116
How do I differentiate between the two? Is "gig 2" the complex ones perhaps?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.