[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, so I'm new to this board, but I have an issue. I got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

Hey, so I'm new to this board, but I have an issue. I got a new computer as an Early Christmas gift (won't be here on the day of, so got it now).

Works well as a basic rig. Moderately powerful, but I think when setting up the general things a bug got on it by the time I got to it.

There's this "ads by Capricornus" thing, and I have Avast installed but it's not finding it. It's in every browser available, and I'm running Win10. Since that's the sort of bug, I don't think my specs would be necessary, but if they are, let me know and I'll post.

I tried googling an answer, but it's a lot of shady "removal" sites, so I figured I'd ask here. Please help. I just wanted to play a damn game on it.
>>
>>10771
A new feature of Windows 10 is that it activates either from a product key and certificate stored in the BIOS, or from Microsoft knowing that particular computer is licensed for Windows 10.

This means you can download the "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" straight from Microsoft, and use it to do a clean install of Windows 10, without having to hunt down install media or enter a product key.

Seeing as you just got the computer, a clean install is by far the best option.
>>
>>10778
Actually, as it turns out, I couldn't locate the Product Key that was supposed to come with it, no one could. I was going to call someone tomorrow, but Microsoft said they couldn't help me with that.

I'll still check that out to see what I can do though, thanks.

Let me know if there's other steps I can take in the mean time I suppose. I appreciate it.
>>
File: 1450809249782.jpg (69KB, 803x642px) Image search: [Google]
1450809249782.jpg
69KB, 803x642px
>>10771
go to settings>update&security and do that reset pc
>>
Is it in the control panel under installed programs? Adware isn't too hard normally to remove, try running malwarebytes and see if that detects it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.