[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorillaz thread. Humanz out now. get your vinyl box set/cd d

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: shes my collar.webm (3MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
shes my collar.webm
3MB, 710x616px
Gorillaz thread.
Humanz out now. get your vinyl box set/cd deluxe/digital copy
https://www.gorillaz.com

made some fresh encodes. will make more. request a gorillaz song and ill get to it now or later.
>>
File: ascension.webm (2MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
ascension.webm
2MB, 710x616px
>>
>>1664242
>>1664244
>>1664245
>>1664248
>>1664249
>>1664254
>>1664255
>demo and trial
im gonna fucking kil myself
>>
File: busted and blue.webm (4MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
busted and blue.webm
4MB, 710x616px
still figuring out how to do this but heres another
sorry i fucked it.
>>
File: charger.webm (3MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
charger.webm
3MB, 710x616px
>>
File: circle of friendz.webm (2MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
circle of friendz.webm
2MB, 710x616px
>>
File: halfway to the halfway house.webm (3MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
halfway to the halfway house.webm
3MB, 710x616px
>>
File: hallelujah money.webm (3MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
hallelujah money.webm
3MB, 710x616px
>>
File: stobelite.webm (4MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
stobelite.webm
4MB, 710x616px
>>
File: let me out.webm (2MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
let me out.webm
2MB, 710x616px
>>
File: the apprentice.webm (3MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
the apprentice.webm
3MB, 710x616px
>>
File: ticker tape.webm (4MB, 710x616px) Image search: [Google]
ticker tape.webm
4MB, 710x616px
>>
File: I AM CALM THIS IS MY CALM FACE.webm (414KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I AM CALM THIS IS MY CALM FACE.webm
414KB, 1280x720px
>>1664237
>7 years for a collab album
>literally 1 track that's not feautring anyone and not an interlude
>like 5 good tracks total
>>
>>1664237
Gorillaz havent been relevant of good since demon days
>>
>>1664938
money
>>
>>1664237
before I listen to it, I bet it won't be as good as Demon Days or any of the d sides/g sides, LCH or the og album.

Too much rap in it these days. They gotta bring that balance back to the force.
>>
Blunder of the fucking century
>>1664949
>implying Plastic Beach isn't their best record by far
>>
>>1665047
plastic beach was a dump with christmas lights in it.

Get your ears checked.
>>
>>1664938
>Complaining about collabs
>In a Gorillaz album
What a special kind of retardation
>>
>all this hatred for the album
look. i know there are a lot of songs that dont really fit, i know theres a lot of song people dont like. but theres a mastery to the music and this album doesnt discount the rest of gorillaz. i made this thread because one of my favorite bands hasnt put down music forever.

tl;dr: less whining more webm posting.
>>
>>1665111
enough of this meme. Gorillaz is not about collabs
>>
>>1664769
This is one of my new favorites
>>
>>1665350
>Plastic Beach: The album features guest performances by Snoop Dogg, Lou Reed, Mos Def, Bobby Womack, Gruff Rhys, Mark E. Smith, Mick Jones, Paul Simonon, Kano, Bashy, De La Soul, Little Dragon, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, sinfonia ViVA, and the Lebanese National Orchestra for Oriental Arabic Music.
>>
>>1665350
>demon days features contributions fromDe La Soul,Neneh Cherry,Martina Topley-Bird,Roots Manuva,MF DOOM,Ike Turner, Bootie Brown ofthe Pharcyde,Shaun Ryder,Dennis Hopper, theLondon Community Gospel Choir, and a children's choir. Albarn brought inDanger Mouseas producer.

>the fall features fewer guest artists than previous Gorillaz albums; collaborators includeMick JonesandPaul SimononofThe ClashandBobby Womack.

dude kys
>>
>>1664237
Did your employer actually tell you to come to 4chan or do they just say "find a place to advertise it"?
>>
>>1665602
>post half of an album
>im shilling.
did you know that some people are into physical copies of things? or at least like to support artists?
heres the whole fucking album.
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/m4i6jkhj/file.html

i just didnt know what to put in the OP and wanted to celebrate the release. kys.
>>
>>1665672
No need to be so salty.
Just because we know you're advertising doesn't mean you wont get paid. I don't see why it needs to be a secret anyway since it's so obvious.
>>
>>1665503
Plastic beach is not indicative of the band's style as a whole
>>
Plastic Beach had like two good songs, this new album is unlistenable, total fucking garbage
>>
>>1667182
I agree. The fall is a better gorillaz album than this nonsense. THE FALL
>>
>>1667182
>Like two good songs

Bitch please, the album works as a cohesive unit. Sure, not every song is good for individual listening but the album itself is great. I'm talking about Plastic Beach by the way, Humanz is mediocre at best and downright bad at worst.
>>
>>1665111
Different strokes for different folks. I prefer when it's just Gorillaz, you don't have to
>>
>>1665503
>>1665568
The thing is, those albums were good because they were about Gorillaz AND guests, now it's some dudes and Damon without any motivation. Ascension is a good track, but it's not Gorillaz.
Also quality over quantity, if you are gonna release a half assed album like this with gorillaz slapped on it you might as well don't.
>>
>>1664239
jesus god why? this fucking sucks! come the fuck on Gorillaz! Youre ruining yourself! you made three amazing albums then decided fuck it we'll make everything on our ipads, sad. first the fall and now this shit.
>>
>>1669806
Wow. I don't think anyone under 18 should be allowed to post on this website.
>>
>>1670164
Your taste in music is garbage, and you're a garbage person.
>>
whats with all the guest "artists" and why is it all shitty rap without flow
>>
album was trash yo
>>
>>1670216
this.

the best songs are the ones that lack rap. but the more you listen the more you enjoy
>>
That which is falling does not belong to us.
>>
>>1670164
im 28 and you can eat a fat dick
>>
>>1670806
suck my pee pee you stupid jerk head
>>
File: Gorillaz.gif (399KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz.gif
399KB, 500x500px
>>1669783
I liked Rhinestone eyes. Stylo, Empire Ants, Some kind of nature, Melancholy Hill, Broken and To Binge. Dare and Gorillaz were better. I've listened to Humanz four times now in my car and I only really liked one track.
>>
Andromeda and maybe Ascension are the only good tracks from the album, but they are not even close to the earlier stuff.
>>
this whole album seems like a money grab to be completely honest. Andromeda was the best thing to come out of it, along with We've Got the Power.

Everything else can fuck off. Demon Days and their self titled albums are their best works, this comes in dead last, behind, yes: The Fall.
>>
Plastic Beach fell flat for me. The lore was interesting, but I only liked one song from that record (melancholy hill). Humanz and the Fall just didn't resonate that well. I understand if they were trying to move in a different direction, but their went about it in a lackluster way.
>>
>>1667156
Demon days has collabs out the ass too, and thats their most well known album.
>>
>>1664755
>tfw this is really the only song I like from the album
>tfw all it does is make me feel
>>
>>1667156
>plastic beaches heavy use of guest artists is not indicative of the style
>their most iconic songs feature guests
>19-200
>clint eastwood
>DARE
>dirty harry
>feel good inc
>superfast jellyfish
>melancholy hill
>doncamatic

even if plastic beach and humanz alone were heavily guest based that still half of all theyve done so collabs would be a heavy component of their music. but demon dayz and the fall include a lot of guests.

like bro. the one fact of all gorillaz is that it features artists. their singles are indicative of their style and their singles heavily include guests. dont be a retarded faggot and come up with real reasons to hate the album.
>>
Saturnz Barz, Ascension, Let Me Out, Charger, Submission, Busted & Blue, The Apprentice, She's My Collar, Momentz, We've Got The Power, Andromeda, and Ticker Tape, I REALLY loved.

I guess listing them off like that, I enjoyed most of the album. Just feels like there was a lot I didn't really like, but if the album were just those I listed, it'd be another Demon Days for me.

Also love the album cover artwork.
>>
>>1678713
Not the same guy you're discussing but...

Yes, Gorillaz always had a lot of featured artists, but now it seems that "Gorillaz" became a plataform for artists to come and release a single song with a special chorus or some participation by 2D or something like it.
>>
>>1669795
There is no "just Gorillaz" you retard, the whole fake band is just collaborating members and cycling acts, there are literally no Gorillaz songs that aren't guest acts
>>
>>1681769
whats busted and blue? hatsune miko is fictional but her songs arent considered guest acts. whats the difference besides fabricated voice vs real singing?
>>
>>1671402
Yea rhinestone eyes is great.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.